Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Concealer Collection



Hey everyone! A few days ago, I was going through my collection and cleaning some stuff out. While I was cleaning everything out and reorganizing, I thought that it would be a great thing to take pictures of my collection. These posts are only going to show the products that I have opened and am currently using. I won't be featuring any products that are new because I store those products somewhere else. All of concealers are products that I have bought within the last few months to last year. I don't like keeping old products. Once it starts smelling differently or the consistency changes, I throw it out. The only concealer that I have to throw out is the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer because its no longer thick but now on the watery side. The product inside is already separating and going bad so after typing up this post, I am going to throw it out, which is such a waste since its like 98% full.

CONCEALERS IN MY COLLECTION:
CARGO OneBase Concealer + Foundation In One
This concealer is a deluxe size sample that I got for free last year from Sephora. Its a bit dark for my skin so I only tend to use it in the summer. It comes with a sponge-tip wand applicator. The formula is alright but I would repurchase the full size. I feel like this doesn't really cover as well as my other concealers and I have never tried it as a foundation before but I can't tell you guys if its any good as a foundation.

MAYBELLINE Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer "Buff"
I actually like using this for my under eye areas to the top of my cheekbones to give them a glow. I don't have any dark circles around my eyes so I don't know if this conceals well. The applicator is a brush wand and you have to twist the bottom for the product to come out. Besides the glow, I really like that its easy to blend out.

ALMAY Clear Complexion Concealer + Treatment Gel "Light/Medium"
I tend to use this concealer for my pimples because it contains 0.6% salicylic acid and its a concealer meant to heal acne. It does have a bad smell to it and I don't like using it for areas underneath my nose because I can smell it sometimes. If you are a person who is sensitive to smells, you might not like the smell of this. If you want to check out my review with swatches on this, you can CLICK HERE.

ELF STUDIO Concealer Pencil & Brush "Light"
I have been using this a lot in February because I broke out like crazy. It covers pretty well and doesn't irritate my pimples. It also comes with a brush, which I hardly use anymore. I just blend this out with my fingers. The only thing that I don't like about this concealer is that its not retractable so you have to sharpen it, which wastes a ton of product. Plus sometimes when I sharpen it, some of the wood gets mixed into the concealer and them you end up getting them on your face when you use it. If you would want to check out my review with swatches on this, you can CLICK HERE.

HARD CANDY Concealer Pencil "Light"
I haven't tried this out yet so I can't say anything about it. I might have to give it a try tomorrow to see how well it conceals. This came with the Glamoflauge concealer.

HARD CANDY Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer "Light"
This is definitely a thick concealer. You only need a little to cover all the imperfections on your face, like a tiny half pea size amount. I only used this a couple of times but am surprised with how bad it went so fast. If you buy this, make sure you use it up well because it might separate on you.

L'OREAL Infallible 16HR Concealer "682 Medium"
This is a concealer meant to cover up any dark circles but since I don't have any dark circles, I wouldn't really know if it covers well. I intentionally bought this to conceal my pimples but it didn't work well in that department. I have tried this for my under eye area and I don't like it at all. It makes your lines even more noticeable and doesn't blend into the skin well. I would not recommend this.

MAYBELLINE Dream Mousse Concealer "Light 4-5"
I love this for my under eye area and wish that Maybelline had never discontinued it. I remember when I found out, I bought so many back-ups and this is now my last one. Its still half way full because I have been using it sparingly. LOL

MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 "NW20"
This is my first MAC concealer and hopefully it won't be my last. I bought this mainly to cover up my blemishes but instead I love using it to brighten up my under eye area. Its not good on my pimples because it will emphasize all the dry patches around them but its perfect for the eye area. Its so creamy and easy to blend out.

BENEFIT Erase Paste "No.2"
I got this in a set last year. This was one of the first Benefit products that I have tried. I know that a lot of people really like this concealer for their under eye area but I just can't stand the consistency. Its just so thick that I feel like it just sits on my skin. I just don't like this at all.

So those are all my concealers! Keep in mind, I do have other concealers in my collection but I want to use these up first before I try out the others. Definitely let me know if you have any of these concealers in your collection and what you think of them. If you would like to see a more in-depth review on any of these concealers, please let me know but keep in mind that some of them I have already done reviews on them. And as always, thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope it was helpful.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried any of these concealers before?
What do you think about my collection of concealers?

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. WOW you have a huge concealer collection! I've stopped buying concealer because I can barely go through what I already have. I like the Hard candy concealer but mine has gone bad too and it is pretty full like yours. I like the ELF concealer but not crazy about the packaging. The caps always fall off, which is really annoying, otherwise the product is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if you think that is huge, you should see my overall concealer collection including the ones that I haven't used yet. LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...