Friday, March 15, 2013

My Rimmel Lipsticks Collection (Plus Swatches)


Hey everyone! I just wanted to show you guys a review on some lipsticks (that I bought with my own money) in my collection. Recently, I've been reorganizing my makeup collection and thought that it was time to take pictures of my collection. I still don't know if I am going to be featuring them brand by brand or by product. I think for my lipsticks, I am going to do brand by brand and everything else will be by product like with my concealer collection. If you haven't seen my concealer collection yet, you can CLICK HERE. For this post, I am going to be talking about my Rimmel lipsticks. As you can see, I don't have that much. I only own five and none of them are from the new lines. The two that I have are from the lines: Rimmel Lasting Finish and the Rimmel Moisture Renew. The Moisture Renew ones are in the shiny purple packaging where the Lasting Finish lipsticks are in the dark packaging.


My favorite lipsticks from Rimmel would definitely have to be the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks, which is why I own more from that line. For me, they are actually more pigmented and creamy. I love how I only need one coat for it to be opaque on my lips. Plus they are very moisturizing on my lips. The only time where I wear a gloss with these is when my lips are a bit dry or when I don't feel like reapplying throughout the day. 

The Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick shades that I have are:
  • Pink Blush
  • Celeb
  • Airy Fairy
  • Vintage
For me, these last a couple of hours on my lips but the moisture fades quicker than the color, which is why I prefer wearing a gloss with these. For instance, if you are eating and drinking, the color will fade a bit and your lips won't be as moisturized as they were when you first applied it. All the ones that I own, except for Vintage are creme finishes whereas Vintage contains finely milled purple shimmer. If you are not a fan of shimmer, I wouldn't recommend Vintage because the shimmer does stay a bit on your lips even after the color is wiped off completely. Also keep in mind that the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks that I have are in their old packaging. Rimmel recently changed the packaging to a dark color with silver in the middle of the tube with the words "Rimmel" on the silver.










I only have one from the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick line. These are moisturizing on the lips but I feel like they aren't as moisturizing as the Lasting Finish Lipsticks but keep in mind, I only own one so it might not be true for the other shades in this line. The one that I have is a gorgeous pink but I feel like its not as creamy as I would like.





Out of all of my Rimmel lipsticks, my favorite would have to be Celeb. Its just a gorgeous color and goes with pretty much any eye look that I create. Plus I feel like it really makes my lips pop. My lips are already a bit pigmented so this shade tends to show up more. So thats it for my Rimmel lipsticks collection. I hope you guys all liked it and as always, thanks for reading my blog!

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried Rimmel lipsticks?
If so, which shades do you own and love?
Which shade would you recommend?

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

6 comments:

  1. Nice colors. I can see the difference in color on your arm swatch but on your lip swatches, they look very close to each other. Celeb does look nicer on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lips are pretty pigmented so some of these do look pretty similar when worn on my lips. Thats why I did the arm swatches to show off the true colors more since every lipstick looks different on everyone since not everyone has the same colored lips. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!



    My blog post - http://naturalsaffronextract.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very sweet of you! I'm glad that you like my blog that much to bookmark it. That will means a lot to me.

      Delete
  3. This is really interesting, You're an overly skilled blogger. I've joined
    your rss feed and look forward to in the hunt
    for extra of your excellent post. Also, I have
    shared your website in my social networks

    Here is my page :: Email Console

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try my best and am glad to hear that you think my post is interesting. Thank you for sharing my website in your social networks!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...