Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: Nature Made Biotin


Hi everyone! Its been so long since the last time I posted a review. I have been mainly hauling like crazy that I barely have any time to try out new products because new stuff keeps coming on. LOL I have been wanting to post up this review for a while not but I wanted to post my hauls so everyone could buy the same products that I bought at all great prices. Since all the sales are close to over, I decided to post up this review.

Please keep in mind that I am not a physician. If you have any questions, please contact a professional, especially before taking any supplements. Not everyone's experience with Biotin is the same. Just because something worked out for me, doesn't mean that it will provide the same results. Everyone's skin is different so please keep that in mind.

What I am reviewing today is the Nature Made vitamins in Biotin! I have been using taking these vitamins for about a month now so I can definitely tell that its time for a review. If you don't know what Biotin is, Biotin is basically involved in the keeping of healthy hair, skin, and nails. It is a member of Vitamin B. Biotin is great for people who have brittle nails, loss of hair, and scaly skin. Its sort of known as a beauty vitamin. Biotin also supports healthy carbohydrate, fat metabolism, and protein.


The one that I bought is the 50 liquid softgels, which are pretty small. I hate taking pills and big pills just scare the freak out of me so these tiny pills are perfect! One little liquid softgel contains 5000 mcg of Biotion. I have seen bigger pills of Biotin so I am so glad that Nature Made made these small. If you are like me and don't like taking big pills, these are perfect for you! I also took a picture of the actual size of the pill right next to a penny as a comparison. As you can see, the lqiuid softgel is pretty small.



I have been taking these for almost a month and I have already started to see a difference within three weeks. My skin has gotten so much better. I haven't seen any difference in my hair because it is already healthy, in my opinion. I don't really get split ends and even though I blow dry it after I shower, it never feels dried out. I mainly decided to take Biotin for my skin and nails. My nails are very brittle and they tend to chip alot. I haven't really seen that much of a difference in my nails but my skin is the one with the most difference.

Since my third week of taking Biotin, I have been getting questons and complements about my skin. My parents were the first to notice how my skin looked softer and healthier. Since taking these, my skin has been a lot clearer. My skin used to be acne-prone. I would break out almost every single week. Around my time of the month was when my skin was the worst. I hated it so bad. I would have about 4-5 pimples on my face around my time of the month and 1-2 pimples before an after my time of the month. My skin was never free of pimples but since taking Biotin, I haven't broke out since. My skin has been clear of pimples. Hopefully my skin will stay that way when my time of the month comes, which I will keep you guys updated on. I am so happy with my skin now! I just have acne scars left on my face but those are starting to clear up with the exfoliating scrub that I have been using for almost half a year now.

With Nature Made Biotin, you just have to take one liquid softgel daily with a meal. I prefer these so much over the bigger pills that I have seen them in. I have been taking these everyday and I always have them on my kitchen counter so I won't forget to take them. The liquid soft gels are pink (cute!) and they are very soft. You can squish them with your fingers but not to the point where they would just pop in your hand. These go down very easily with water, which is what I always take them with during dinner.

I would definitely recommend Nature Made Biotin for those who are interested in having healthy hair, skin, and nails. Plus especially for those who hate taking pills, I would recommend the liquid softgels but please consult a professional before taking any supplement. Have you ever taken any form of vitamins for your hair, skin, and nails? Have you tried Biotin? Have you noticed any difference since taking Biotin? I hope you all liked my review! Let me know, I would love to hear everyone's opinions! if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will try my best to answer your questions.

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.*

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I found out about this product on a different make up blog and I have been trying to find good reviews about it and yours definitely helps. Also what is the name of the exfoliating scrub are you using that you said helps with your acne scars? Have you done a review on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exfoliating scrub that I use and love is the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I have been using this for a little over a year and it had definitely reduce the appearance of some of my acne scars. It might be a little rough for those with sensitive skin but St. Ives has one thats for sensitive skin as well.

      Delete
  2. Howdy! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

    Feel free to surf to my page :: biotin supplement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is very sweet of you. I hope that your friend will end up loving this post as much as you. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Some have said this caused them to break-out, so it's interesting that it has prevented break outs for you, do you think the strength of the tablet makes a difference? I'm thiking of getting the 10,000mcg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for some it causes breakouts during the first few weeks of using it but after a while, it could clear their skin. My friend told me that her skin broke out like crazy for the first week taking these but after a while, her skin improved. I can't say if the difference of strength in the tablet makes a different. I am not a physician or have any medical knowledge. I recommend you ask your physician for any questions. I hope my answer helps a bit.

      Delete
  4. I have been taking this for a little over a year. My hair is not only healthier but is also growing really fast, my fingernails repaired from an acrylic set of nails and are very healthy and strong. My only observation is with my skin - I seem to spot when I tan, about quarter size marks and smaller on my back, stomach and legs. I'm not sure if it is coincidental but don't really want to stop taking the pills for all the benefits. Has anyone else had this happen to them or heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that Biotin has been working great for both your hair and nails. I don't really know what you mean by spotting. I don't really tan so I am not sure if that is normal. It would be better if you ask your physician to make sure everything is normal.

      Delete
  5. Hi, I have pretty weak finger nails and my skin is about the same with pimples and stuff but my main question is what if you have acne that is on your back and stuff? How will biotin affect that? I'm really curious because sadly I've been cursed with my father's back acne. Not too bad, but enough to notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really sure how it will affect the acne on your back. I don't have any acne on my back but it did clear up the acne on my face pretty well. You could try using an exfoliator on your back or maybe a body wash aimed for clearing up acne like the Neutrogena one in the pink bottle. I have that and I really like that. I definitely recommend exfoliating your back to clean it better and that might improve it a bit. My friend has a little bit of back acne and she actually made her husband apply a drying cream onto her back weekly and then exfoliate it every two days and she said that really helped to clear it a bit. Hopefully that answer was helpful. Definitely let me know how it turns out after trying out all those.

      Delete
  6. Hi Ive been taking biotin for just over a week and also folic acid to help with growing my slow growing hair. My nails have grown super fast and i swear my hair has grown a bit longer already although it will take time to really notice the difference. I havent had any breakouts yet and i hope it stays that way!! Overall im very happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that Biotin has helped your hair grow longer. I haven't been taking any in a while and need to use them again.

      Delete
  7. if you have acne scars left on your skin try needling, it worked for me.. except for a few scars which i am still working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needling? What do you mean by that? I never heard of that for acne scars before...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...