Sunday, March 17, 2013

Everything Drugstore Look


Hey everyone! I thought that it was finally time to do a whole look on my blog. I know that its been a while since I posted up an eye look. I wish that I could do an eye look post everyday but sometimes my eye looks tend to be repetitive. I think doing a whole FOTD (face of the day) using all drugstore products is a great post to do, especially for those who don't have the budget to spend money on a bunch of high-end products. I feel like there are so many drugstore products out there that can be comparable to high-end products, so I thought it was finally time to do a "Spring Look" using ALL drugstore products. This is a face look that I did a while back and I hope you guys like it.  Let me know what you guys think?

FACE PRODUCTS USED:
  • PONDS Dry Skin Cream
  • MAYBELLINE Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer "Buff"
  • L'OREAL True Match Lumi Foundation "W4 Warm"
  • ALMAY Clear Complexion Foundation "600 Sand"
  • REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "010 Fair"
  • PHYSICIANS FORMULA HealthyWear Bronzer "Tan"
  • RIMMEL Lasting Finish Powder Blush & Highlighter "006 Autumn Catwalk
  • ELF STUDIO Powder Brush
  • ECOTOOLS Bronzing Brush
  • ELF STUDIO Small Tapered Brush
  • ESSENCE OF BEAUTY Powder Brush

Steps To Complete This Whole Face Look:

  1. First off, I made sure to apply my PONDS Dry Skin Cream because my face has been getting some dry patches due to the cold weather lately. I also make sure to moisturize my lips with my NIVEA Lip Butter "Raspberry Rose Kiss".
  2. I applied MAYBELLINE Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer "Buff" onto my under-eye areas.
  3. I mixed both L'OREAL True Match Lumi Foundation "W4 Warm" and my ALMAY Clear Complexion Foundation "600 Sand" together because I have really been loving the results of these two on my skin. Both have given me the perfect coverage and finish when blended together. I just use my ELF STUDIO Powder Brush to stipple the foundations on my face and blend it all together. Stippling the foundation onto the face gives you more coverage.
  4. Since I still have some spots that I would like to conceal, I apply my ALMAY Clear Complexions Concealer + Treatment Gel "200 Light/Medium". I just use the concealer side and dot that on the spots that need concealing and blend with my finger.
  5. Once I blend the concealer, I apply my current favorite REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "010 Fair" with my ECOTOOLS Bronzing Brush to just set my foundation.
  6. I always love contouring my face because I feel like it just accentuates my cheekbones more. Plus it also gives me a more defined look. Recently, I have been just using my PHYSICIANS FORMULA HealthyWear Bronzer "Tan" with my ELF STUDIO Small Tapered Brush. I just apply this bronzer in the contours of my cheekbones as well on the sides of my forehead, chin, and nose.
  7. Since Spring is all about looking fresh, I wanted to use my RIMMEL Lasting Finish Powder Blush & Highlighter "006 Autumn Catwalk" since its gives my cheeks the perfect pink glow. I just swirl my brush in all three shades since I love the color that it gives of. Plus I love the highlighter as well, which I also applied onto my cheekbones using the same brush to apply my blush, which is the ESSENCE OF BEAUTY Powder Brush. I don't always use a blush brush to apply blush because I feel like those don't always apply or fit well enough for my cheeks so I need to use brushes that are a bit bigger.


EYE PRODUCTS USED:
  • ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit "Dark"
  • ELF Eyelid Primer "Sheer"
  • MAYBELLINE ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad "30 Seashore Frosts"
  • RIMMEL Lash Accelerator Mascara "003 Extreme Black"
  • MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum' Express "Black Drama"
  • NYC Eyeliner Duet "885 Islands in the Stream"
  • ELF Eyeshadow Brush
  • ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush
  • LONDON SOHO Blending Brush
  • REVLON Lash Curler
  1. I always make sure to do my brows for every look because I feel like a face isn't complete without defined brows and shadow on the eyes. My favorite brow product is the ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit "Dark". I just use the applicator that comes with the compact. I use the angled side of the brush to apply the brow wax first and then use the fluffy shadow side to apply the brow powder to set the wax.
  2. After doing my brows, I applied ELF Eyelid Primer "Sheer" onto the lids of my eyes to prime them for shadow. I love this because it comes with an brush applicator in the cap so it makes it super easy to apply primer onto the lids.
  3. Since I want to go for a Spring look, I decided to use my MAYBELLINE ExpertWear Eyeshadow  Quad "30 Seashore Frosts". This quad comes with a bluish-purple, purple, light cream purple, and an emerald green--all shades perfect for describing Spring.
  4. Using my ELF Eyeshadow Brush, I applied the shade meant for the lid onto my lid. Its not really that pigmented so I had to tap the bluish-purple shade all over my lid.
  5. Using my ECOTOOLS Small Blending Brush, I applied the shade labeled "crease" onto my crease area. I applied the purple shade lightly because I didn't want it too intense.
  6. Next, I used the same brush that I used to blend my crease to apply the emerald green shade onto the outer corner of my lids. I also used to same ELF Eyeshadow Brush to apply the emerald shade on my bottom lash line as well.
  7. After blending everything out, I used my LONDON SOHO Blending Brush too apply the shade labeled "brow bone" as my highlight.
  8. Next, I curled my lashes with my REVLON Lash Curler to get my lashes ready for mascara.
  9. Using my RIMMEL Lash Accelerator Mascara "003 Extreme Black", I applied mascara onto my lashes and the MAYBELLINE The Falsies Volum' Express "Black Drama" onto my lower lashes.
  10. After my top lashes were dry, I curled them again with my REVLON Lash Curler.
  11. I also lined my waterline with NYC Eyeliner Duet "885 Islands in the Stream". Since this eyeliner comes with two shades, I only used the emerald green side.

LIP PRODUCTS USED:
  • NIVEA Lip Butter "Raspberry Rose Kiss"
  • REVLON Lip Butter "Strawberry Shortcake"
  1. Since I did my eyes pretty colorful, I didn't want my lips to be too bold so I picked out a light pink shade. I always moisturize my lips before applying lipstick so I used a small amount of NIVEA Lip Butter "Raspberry Rose Kiss" onto my lips.
  2. I used REVLON Lip Butter "Strawberry Shortcake".
So those are all the products that I used to complete this whole look! I hope that you guys ended up liking it! Also please tell me if you would like to see more posts like this. Keep in mind that I probably won't be doing these everyday since it is a lot of work but I will try them every once in a while. If you have any questions on any of these products, let me know below and I will try my best to answer them.

QUESTIONS:
Do you like using Maybelline shadows?
How do you feel about my everything drugstore look?

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products used for this whole look was purchased by me. All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...