Saturday, March 23, 2013

FOTD: Pop of Pinks & Purples

Hey everyone! This was actually my first time wearing really bold, colorful shadows. I wore this look a while back and have been wanting to post it on my blog. I actually had so much fun playing around with my makeup. LOL I was going through my whole makeup collection to look for the colors that I wanted to use. I am actually surprised that I decided to try using pinks and purples since I tend to wear soft neutral shades but I knew that I had to make the colors bold to show up clearly. Plus I just love how it all worked out together. It was still bright, yet wearable for outside. I even wore this whole look for the day where I went shopping and ran errands. I actually got a couple of compliments so I am super happy with how this look turned out! I hope that you guys will enjoy this look and that some of you will even consider recreating it.


PRODUCTS USED:
Face:
TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation "Light"
◊ KAT VON D Concealer "Light"
◊ REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "Fair"
◊ TARTE Mineral Bronzer "Park Ave Princess"
LAURA MERCIER Blush "Pink Orchid"

Steps to recreate this look:
  1. Lately I have trying out a foundation that I have been debating whether or not to buy. I recently got a sample of the TARTE Amazonian Clay Foundation "Light" and so its okay but probably not my favorite. I just applied this with my ELF STUDIO Powder Brush.
  2. Another product that I have been trying out as well is the KAT VON D Concealer "Light". I just apply this onto the places where I need it and blend with my finger.
  3. After all my spots are concealed, I apply the REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder "Fair" with my REAL TECHNIQUES Powder Brush.
  4. After setting my foundation, I like to contour my face with my TARTE Mineral Bronzer "Park Ave Princess. I just apply the bronzer with my REAL TECHNIQUES Contour Brush on the sides of my forehead, nose, and chin.
  5. After contouring my cheekbones, I applied the LAURA MERCIER Blush "Pink Orchid" with my REAL TECHNIQUES Multi Task Brush. Pink Orchid just gives my cheeks a pretty pink glow.

Eyes:
◊ URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Scratch"
URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Woodstock"
URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Flash"
◊ URBAN DECAY Eyeliner "A Sphyxia"
◊ TARTE Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara
◊ ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit "Dark"
  1. First, I did my brows with my ELF STUDIO Eyebrow Kit "Dark". I first applied the brow wax onto my brows to make them more defined and then applied the brow powder to set the wax.
  2. After I primed my eyes with my URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
  3. Once my eyes were primed, I applied URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Scratch" onto the inner corners of my lids as well into the crease and applied URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Woodstock" on the middle of my lids.
  4. Last, I applied URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow "Flash" onto the outer corner of my lids and blended the shade up.
  5. Once I was done blending, I applied URBAN DECAY Eyeliner "A Sphyxia" onto the top of my lash line for a more defined look and finished off with my TARTE Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara for my lashes.
  6. After my lashes were dry, I curled them with REVLON Lash Curler.

Lips:
◊ ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil
◊ YSL Rouge Volupte Shine "#8 Pink in Confidence"
  1. First, I applied my ELF STUDIO Lip Lock Pencil around my lips to keep my lipstick from moving.
  2. To complete off my whole FOTD, I applied the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine "#8 Pink in Confidence" onto my lips.
So that is everything that I used and did for this whole look. I really hope that you guys enjoyed it! Please let me know if you would like to see more looks like this or mainly neutral, everyday looks. You will probably be seeing the latter more though, to be honest. Haha! If you have any questions about any of these products, don't hesitate to anything. As always, thank you for reading my posts!

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever used any of these products before?
What do you think of my pink and purple eye look?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...