Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Swatches: NYC IndividualEyes "Dark Shadows"



Hey everyone! I have been meaning to get this post up for a while now but I ain't gonna lie, I actually forgot about it until I was going through my makeup collection and found this little palette. I am sure that that has happened to some of you guys out there as well where you forget all about a product because somehow it gets stashed behind all the other products. Before I show you guys the swatches, I just want to mention that I actually got this product for free last year from Influenster in one of their voxboxes. This post is not sponsored. They don't even know about this post. LOL Sorry I just had to get that little disclaimer out there. I actually wish more bloggers (especially the more well-known, bigger bloggers out there would put disclaimers in their blog posts and/or videos.


Anyways, lets move onto product and the swatches! This NYC IndividualEyes "Dark Shadows" comes with a cream illuminator, eye primer, 4 shadows, and a dual-ended sponge tip applicator. It comes in black plastic compact with a clear, see through top. These actually came with a limited edition sticker on them but its been months since they came out and I actually still see these compacts in stores like CVS and Target.



This isn't going to be a full-on review but more a post to show you swatches of these shadows. So please keep that in mind. I will say one thing is that I do find the shadows to be a bit on the powdery (and chalky) side. These definitely aren't my favorite drugstore eyeshadows. As you can see with these swatches, when they are swatched alone, they aren't that pigmented. For the primer, I used the primer included in the palette and it did make the shadows appear more pigmented.






If you are looking for an inexpensive drugstore eyeshadow palette, I highly suggest trying Wet N Wild since their shadows are more pigmented and soft to the touch.

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried NYC eye shadows before?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**Product shown was provided from Influenster. I am not getting paid to mention this product. This post is not sponsored. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason. All opinions are my honest thoughts.**

4 comments:

  1. Your swatches look very nice.I received the very same pallette, and I found the shadows so difficult to work with even with primer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great that you received the same palette as well. Too bad that you found the shadows a bit difficult to work with. Did you use the primer in the palette or with a different eye primer?

      Delete
  2. I used the primer in the palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't really like the primer in the palette either. Whenever I use this palette (which is rarely), I always use a different eye primer to get the shadows to blend easier.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...