Monday, March 25, 2013

Swatches: Laura Geller Femme Fatale Plums Baked Eyeshadow Trio


Hey everyone! If you saw my previous posts, then you would be familiar with this tio. If not, to speed you up, I was lucky enough to purchase this set on clearance at my Ulta a few months ago. If you haven't checked out that haul post before, you can CLICK HERE. The set came with a bunch of products. It came with a full size baked foundation, baked blush, lip gloss, eyeliner, and this baked eyeshadow trio.

According to the pamphlet that was included with the set, the "Femme Fatale Baked Smoky Plum Eyeshadow Trio in Starlet Pink, Rubergine Dream, an Plum Smoke. Each shimmery shade of Baked Eyeshadow glides on effortlessly, blends easily, stays put and looks fresh for hours. You could slip any shade on solo, wear two at a time or try all three for a variety of sculpted effects. The darker shades can be used wet for more dramatic intensity and the deepest shade can even be used wet or dry as eyeliner. It's the ideal way to create a sultry, smokey eye." It also comes with a double-ended brush and a mirror inside the compact.


Let me just say, first and foremost, how cute is the packaging! It comes in a black lacey compact. I do have to admit though that the packaging is a bit on the bulky side. I do wish that it was a bit slimmer so it would be easy to store in my collection. Also, the compact is a bit hard to open sometimes and I feel like whenever I try to open this, I might end up ruining my manicure. I definitely have to be patient with this whenever I open this.




Laura Geller baked eyeshadows are my first high-end baked eyeshadows that I have tried. For me, I find baked eyeshadows a bit tricky to work with and I'm definitely not a fan of the fallout that baked products tend to give off. Plus I feel like most baked products have to be wet for the colors to show through. The same goes for this trio, as you can see in my swatches.




I actually didn't show the colors wet but actually I showed them swatched alone and with a primer. You can just imagine how pigmented they will be when used wet since they are more pigmented with primer. When swatched alone, they aren't as pigmented but they can be used to create soft, natural eye looks but if you want more intensity then I highly suggest you to use them wet and/or with an eyeshadow primer.

If you are interested in this Femme Fatale Plums Baked Eyeshadow Trio, its currently on Hautelook (hurry before its sold out): Hautelook

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried Laura Geller baked eyeshadows before?
Do you ever have any luck with baked eyeshadows?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All products featured were bought by me. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

4 comments:

  1. This is a cute set. Too bad they are tricky to apply. I saw a blush set and face set at Ulta and I was very tempted to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh did you know what the set was? I love Laura Geller products and can't help it whenever I see her products on sale and better yet, on clearance.

      Delete
  2. such a nice combo of colours. I bet they look gorgeous if they're applied wet. I find that's how it is with most "baked" ranges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they probably will look gorgeous when applied wet.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...