Monday, January 23, 2012

Review/Swatches: ELF Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush "Light"


Hi everyone! Sorry if I haven't been posting as much. I have been super busy getting ready for New Years! Yes, you read right! Lunar, Chinese or what I like to call it Vietnamese New Years! Haha! So if you didn't already know, today is Lunar New Year!

HAPPY VIETNAMESE NEW YEARS!!

Okay, lets get down to the review. Haha! I just wanted to post up a review on a product that I have been using everyday and loving. It is the ELF Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush. I have it in the shade Light. I love this concealer. I have been using it everyday since I bought it. I still can't believe what a great concealer I found at such an inexpensive price. As you can see from my picture, its been lovingly used. I still have a great amount left but once its gone, I am definitely going to get another one.


WHAT: It is the ELF Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush in Light. They have this in three shades: Fair, Light, and Medium. You can use this concealer to "conceal and heal acne for on the spot treatment," according to the packaging that the product came in. I don't know if it really heals my acne. I don't really see any difference except that it gets covered. On the packaging, it also says that it contains "medicated formula with active Salicylic Acid and Tea Tree Oil [to heal] and clear blemishes." This concealer pencil contains 2% Salicylic Acid. Like I said before I don't really know if it even does anything for my acne except that its really good at concealing them. Also this product contains a concealer brush at the other end of the pencil, which I love because its so easy to put in your purse and bring with you during the day for any touch-ups. This concealer is so creamy that it goes on the skin so good and plus you can easily blend it out with the brush provided. It also has a sharpener on the cap, so its great in case you are on the go and need to resharpen.



HOW: According to the directions, you have to "use the Conceal side of the pencil to cover up any unwanted blemishes or imperfections. Use the Blend brush to work the formula into the skin to create a beautiful and even coverage." Also there is a sharpener attached to the cap of the concealer pencil, which you can use to sharpen the concealer anytime you need to get more product. I use this concealer to cover up my acne scars, blemishes, and pimples (pretty much anything that pops on my face lol). I never tried it for concealing my under eye area so I don't really know how it would hold up. I probably wouldn't use it for my under eye area because I think it would probably make the lines around my eyes more noticable.

**Keep in mind, that the concealer isn't going to be completely color matched on my wrist because my face is a different shade from my wrist. When this concealer is used on my face on my blemishes and is completely blended out, you won't be able to tell that I am wearing concealer.**



PRICE: The ELF Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush retails for $3USD. You can purchase it cheaper whenever the ELF website is having a sale, which they always seem to.

WHERE: You can buy this product anywhere ELF Studio products are sold. So far, the only store that I know that sells ELF Studio products are select Target stores. You can also purchase this online at the ELF website. I think you can also purchase it on the Target website but I am not sure.

REPURCHASE?: Yes, I would definitely repurchase this product. I love it. I use it everyday on all my blemishes and acne. It covers them very well. On some days, I might have to reapply because it gets pretty hot where I live but thats fine with me, because its so portable to bring with me during the day. I have everything that I would need to cover up a blemish, both the concealer and the brush to blend it out. Plus its so inexpensive, which is great for my wallet. If you haven't tried this product out, you should definitely give it a try!

Please also check out my Luuux page (for more reviews and hauls): CLICK HERE

*All written content and pictures belong to me. Do not use or steal my pictures and/or content for any reason.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...