Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: Tarte The Starlet Limited Edition Makeup Vanity


Hey everyone! Today I am going to be reviewing a product that I recently received. I was so exicited to finally get my hands on this. I was so surprised when I got this as a gift! I have never seen a makeup product like this before. Its so gorgeous with the mirrored sides. Sorry about the quality of these pictures, I took them with my camera phone before I got my Nikon camera. If you would like to see some pictures and/or swatches, let me know and I will post them!

WHAT: This is a limited edition product so if you are interested in it, you should definitely pick it up while they still have some in stock. It is a makeup vanity with mirrored sides on the top and front three sides. Just to let you know that the makeup comes in removable trays so once you are done using the makeup, you can take the trays out and reuse the vanity to hold your jewelry in the future!! I included pictures of what the vanity looks like with the tray removed and what the tray looks like once removed. The vanity itself contains 24 eyeshadows, lash primer, mascar, bronzer, 2 blushes and a shimmering powder. I love how once you are done using all of the makeup, you can take out the trays and it becomes a reusable jewelry box! I also love how the makeup in this vanity is formulated without any synthetic fragrance, mineral oil, phthalates, parabens and sodium lauryl sulfate.





PRICE: This makeup vanity is only $52USD!! That is a really great deal considering that you get a reusable jewelry box after you are done with the makeup. Its says that it has a $505USD value, which is pretty high. The price is great for all everything that you are getting in this vanity!


WHERE: It is sold exclusively at Sephora. It is limited edition so I don't know if Sephora still has this.

I am going to include a breakdown of all the eyeshadows that is included in this vanity. I took a picture of each makeup tray. In the top space of the vanity, which is shown the picture below, shows all the eyeshadows. I am going to be listing each shade, starting with the top corner.

I am going to start with the square pan shadows first and then move onto the rectangular ones.
If you look at the picture below, you will see basically traditional smokey shades:
-Celebrity, shimmery deep gray
-Superstar, shimmery deep silver
-Luminary, frosty silver
-Opening Night, sparkling black

If you look at the picture below, you will see somewhat earthy tone shades:
-Talent, shimmery peach
-Idol, matte taupe
-Cameo, matte beige
-Virtuoso, sparkling forest green

Now this picture below, you will see shades great for a plum smokey look:
-Stardom, blackened plum
-Icon, warm liliac
-Major, shimmery plum
-Siren, shimmery deep mauve

In the next picture, which is also the last quad in the top space of the vanity, you have mostly blue shades:
-Fame, shimmery cobalt blue
-Big Break, shimmery silver blue
-V.I.P., shimmery silver with a blue undertone
-Toast, shimmery light copperish beige

 In the next picture below, there are two more eyeshadow quads and two deluxe sized sample products. It is the Tarte MultiplEye lash primer and the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. I haven't tried the lash primer or the mascara yet but I will try to do a review once I do.


In the picture below, you will see neutral brown shades (these are my favorite shades out of the vanity):
-Popular, shimmery golden beige
-Timeless, shimmery deep brown
-Prestige, matte medium beige
-Trophy, shimmery golden brown

In the next quad, you will see mostly pink shades (which is my second favorite quad):
-Ingenue, matte baby pink
-Prima Donna, shimmery cinnamon brown
-Leading Lady, shimmery nude pink
-Diva, shimmery dusty rose

In the picture below is the last drawer in the vanity. It shows the bronzer, 2 blushes and the shimmering power. I wish the bronzer and the blushes were a little bit bigger in size. I love the blushes in this vanity. I have been wanting to try out the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Clay blushes ever since a friend recommended them to me. This is the perfect way to try them out before buying a full size. Starting from the left to the right, you have:
-Park Avenue Princess, highly pearled golden tan(Mineral Powder Bronzer)
-Glory, shimmery peach (Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush)
-Starlet, shimmery rose (Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush)
-Rose, soft petal pink (Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder)


I have to say I love this makeup vanity. I love how it has mirrored panels with pull-out drawers and a large pop-up mirror. I wouldn't bring this for traveling because of its size. Its more of a stay put on your desk and look pretty makeup. Each of the trays are removeable and the drawers are lined in Tarte's signature purple, which I love! The only thing that I don't like about this makeup vanity is that you have to be careful holding it because the drawers can easily open. They are not magnetized or anything so they can easily pop open. But other than that, I love it! I would definitely recommend this makeup vanity. I never tried Tarte products before so this makeup vanity is great for me to try their eyeshadows, blushes, bronzer, powder and mascara.

Well I hope you liked my review! If you would love to see swatches, please let me know by commenting below and I will try. I was going to post the swatches in this post too but it took me a long time to try to capture the true colors with my camer phone. If you want to see swatches, I will use my actual camera and try to see if that will work better. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...