Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mini Claire’s Haul (Feat. Nail Polishes)


Hey everyone! As you all know, magnetic nail polishes are all the rage right now. Both high-end and drugstore brands are coming out with magnetic nail polishes. I have been wanting to try out some magnetic nail polishes for a while now, ever since I saw pictures of them online. Magnetic nail polishes basically just give your nails a textured special effect. I think Nails Inc. was the first to come out with magnetic nail polishes and China Glaze just recently came out with a magnetic collection called “Magnetix Nail Lacquer”. Nails Inc. magnetic nail polishes are $16USD plus tax and China Glaze Magnetix nail lacquers are $10USD plus tax. If you are like me and don’t really want to ever spend that much on a nail polish, then you wait for different brands to come out with inexpensive versions. LOL

I heard from the beauty community that Claire’s came out with an affordable version, which retails for $8.50USD plus tax. I wanted to go and check it out, especially since I knew that Claire’s was having a promotion on their beauty products. When I went, they were having a BOGO 50% off on their nail polishes. YAY! Even better was that the sales associate was so nice to me that she made the magnetic nail polish 50% off even though it was higher priced. For instance, I bought two nail polishes and she was automatically supposed the make the cheaper one 50% off and the higher priced nail polish full price, hence BOGO 50% off. I asked her if it was worth it and if she ever tried it before because I was somewhat hesitant of buying it because it was originally priced $8.50USD plus tax in the States and $9.75 in Canada. She told me that they were definitely worth it and said that since I was unsure because of the price, she would make the magnetic one half off! She was so nice! I haven’t tried the magnetic nail polish but I am glad that I was able to buy it 50% off!

I bought two nail polishes. Even though I made myself promise to not buy nail polishes full price, I just couldn’t resist on getting another one. The Magnetix nail polish from Claire’s doesn’t have names for their polishes. If you know me and have been reading my posts, then you know that I am not good at describing colors so I am not even going to attempt to describe this one. LOL The second nail polish that I bought is from their regular line of polishes. Their regular line of polishes retail $5USD plus tax in the States and $5.75 in Canada. I bought it in the shade Candy Shop. Candy Shop is a gorgeous nail polish that I definitely can’t wait to wear on my nails. I heard that Candy Shop is an exact dupe to Deborah Lippmann’s nail polish in Candy Shop. I don’t have the Deborah Lippmann nail polish so I can’t really compare the two first hand but I have seen a bunch of swatches online and they do look pretty identical from a distance. Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop is a tend bit more purplish-pink and the Claire’s Candy Shop is pink. They definitely look a lot alike and are great dupes. If you haven’t seen the Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop, it came out in the Get This Party Started Trio last year. To see swatches of the two, you can just Google them and type in “Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop Dupe.”


So that is all for my Claire’s haul! I hope you all liked it! It was pretty small but I have been wanting these two nail polishes for a while now and am so happy to finally have them in my hands. Do you have any of these nail polishes featured in my haul? Have you tried Claire’s nail polishes before? Are you jumping on the bandwagon for magnetic nail polishes? What do you think of Claire’s Candy Shop?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**
Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...