Thursday, March 22, 2012

Almay Clear Complexion Concealers Haul


Hey everyone! Last week, RiteAid was having a 40% off sale on their Almay products plus for every Almay product you buy, you get $1USD rebates. Sorry but the sale is now over. I love the Almay Clear Complexion products. I have the foundation and I love it. It’s a great foundation to wear whenever I have pimples because it doesn’t irritate them. Since I love the foundation so much, I decided to try some other products from the Clear Complexion line. I didn’t know what to buy but I had $6 in UP Rewards that were going to expire from the Revlon sale a few weeks back. I am so happy with this haul because I bought both of these concealers at such a great price.

What I bought:
- Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in 200 Light/Medium
- Almay Clear Complexion Concealer + Treatment Gel in 200 Light/Medium


ALMAY CLEAR COMPLEXION CONCEALER
This concealer has 1.0% Salicylic Acid, which is supposed to help treat acne. The direction for this (as stated on the packaging) says to “cleanse skin thoroughly before applying product. Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times a day because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with 1 application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.” I haven’t tried this yet but hopefully it performs like any typical concealer and covers up my blemishes. I am a little worried if peeling occurs because we all know that peeling is not attractive at all.



ALMAY CLEAR COMPLEXION CONCEALER + TREATMENT GEL
This concealer has 0.6% Salicylic Acid but the treatment gel has 1.0% of Salicylic Acid. I was very intrigued by this product because it has both a treatment gel and a concealer stick, which is very portable and great for traveling. I am not sure if you are supposed to use both products together or just the treatment gel at night and the concealer stick during the day. I will probably use the treatment gel at night because I have seen reviews of this peeling on the skin.



I am so happy with my transaction for this haul because I saved a lot of money. To show you how happy I am, I am going to show how much I paid total for both products:
Almay Concealer Reg. $7.99USD => 40% off => $4.79USD
Almay Concealer/Treatment Gel Reg. $9.99USD => 40% off => $5.99USD
(2) Almay $1USD Manufacturer Coupons $2USD off
(1) $6UP Rewards
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Cost: $2.78USD plus tax => $3.72USD
Total Cost (After RiteAid Single Check Rebates) => $1.72USD

My friend Joan also recently purchased the Almay Clear Complexion Concealer + Treatment Gel and has already loved using the products. To see her review on her blog, you can click here: Macho Chick She also has mini reviews on some other products in the Clear Complexion line as well as swatches. Please visit her blog and show her some love. She loves makeup as much as I do and I consider her a very close friend, if not a sister! She is a sweet person. If you do visit her blog, please let her know that I sent you. LOL Okay onto the actual concealers. I haven’t tried these products yet so I don’t really know how well they would perform. I will review them after I give them a couple of tries. The Clear Complexion line is supposed to help treat acne and is great for those with acne prone skin. I do love how all the products in this line contain Salicylic Acid, which is known to help clear and prevent acne blemishes. Both products are hypoallergenic, oil-free, and won’t clog pores. Have you ever tried this line before? What do you think of these two concealers?

**All pictures belong to me. All written content belong to me unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

1 comment:

  1. WOW....You bought it almost for free.........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...