Thursday, April 5, 2012

ULTA Haul (Feat. NYX Cosmetics & Revlon)


Hey everyone! If you didn't know already Ulta is having a sale on NYX, Almay, and Revlon where they are 40% off! I have been wanting to try NYX cosmetics for so long, especially their lip products and this was such a great time to buy them! The sale ends April 7, 2012 this Saturday so make sure to check out the sale before it ends. By the time I went, pretty much all the NYX products were sold out so I only bought a couple of items.

What I bought:
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (x2)
I bought two in different shades. I got them in Tokyo and Milan. I wanted to pick up other shades after seeing a bunch of swatches online (yes I do my research before buying) but they didn't have many shades left. I have already tried both of these and I am not sure how I feel about them. I wish that they were sealed for sanitary reasons because I hate buying lip products and not knowing if someone has already opened them and swatched them, especially with lip glosses. I don't know if I am going to return these and/or exchange them because the two that I have feel so dry. They feel as if someone already opened them and forgot to fully twist the cap. If anyone has these, please let me know if the actual product applies dry and semi-clumpy. I know that they are matte lip products and mattes are dry on the lips but these feel so weird. Plus it feels like there is barely any product in the tube. What do you guys think? Should I go back to Ulta and return these? These regularly cost $5.99USD. With the 40% off sale, they now cost $3.59USD and with the Ulta coupon, I only paid $2.70USD plus tax for each.



NYX Blush in Peach
I recently bought my first NYX blush a few weeks ago and really liked it. I have been wanting to buy more and this sale was perfect timing. I wanted to buy other shades but Ulta only has this and two other shades left. The other shades were freaking shimmery, way too shimmery to be used as blushes, especially for the upcoming Summer. I haven't swatched this yet but I don't think the name matches the actual blush at all. Its more of a pink shade instead of a peach shade. NYX blushes regularly retail for $5.99USD but with the 40% off sale, they were $3.59USD! With the Ulta coupon, I only paid $2.71USD plus tax!

Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Desire
These were also on sale for 40% off and I had a coupon for $2USD off, so I knew I had to pick one up. If I do end up going back to Ulta to return the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, I am definitely going to be picking up more shades of the lip stains. These are regularly priced at $8.99USD but with the 40% off sale, they are $5.39USD. Since I had a coupon, I only paid $3.39USD and I saved even more with the $3.50USD off $10USD Ulta coupon! So with everything, I only paid $2.16USD plus tax for this Just Bitten Lip Stain. What do you guys think? Should I go back and buy some more?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...