Monday, April 16, 2012

Review & Swatches: Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette



Hey everyone! So if you have been following me for a while now, then you would know that I bought this at the end of 2011. I am a huge blush addict and love collecting all different shades of blush. For me, blush makes a huge difference and can really change/complete a whole face look. Since I wanted to expand my blush collection and try out different shades, I thought it was time to buy a blush palette. I have been hearing a lot of reviews on Coastal Scents palettes from YouTube Makeup Gurus and thought it was time to buy myself one. I was kind of debating between the NARS Danmari Blush Palette and the Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette. As you can see from the titles, you know that I decided to buy the Coastal Scents one since it was on sale plus the NARS one was around $60USD plus tax.

Coastal Scents describes the 10 blush palette as:
"Add a natural, warm glow to your face like a professional with our 10 Blush Palette. Containing four matte and six satiny finished blush/bronzers this palette is perfect for adding a rush of color to those cheeks. This travel friendly, Coastal Scents logo imprinted matte black palette is a must have for every makeup kit."




The Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette comes with 10 blush shades. The palette is a black matte case. The case is really slim and thin, which makes it perfect for traveling. I love bringing this with me whenever I travel because it doesn't take a lot of room and I don't have to carry a bunch of different blushes with me instead I have a bunch of different shades all in one palette. The blushes are a nice size and big enough to dip a blush brush in. This comes with a nice range of shades and can pretty much work with any skin tone. This palette comes with six shimmer blushes and four matte finishes. You get both warm and cool tones ranging from different pinks, peaches, corals, and so on. This is a nice palette for all year around.




I would say that almost all the shades are pigmented. There is only one blush in the palette that doesn't show that much on my skin tone. It took me a lot of swipes to get some of it to show up on my arm and in the pictures. The blush that wasn't as pigmented as the others is the one on the bottom row and is third to last. I even circled the swatch of the blush that I am talking about, so you can see how light/sheer it is.



In my opinion, I think this is a nice palette to have for those who would like to expand their blush collection, makeup beginners, and those who would like to save some extra money. For those who have a couple high end blushes in their collection like MAC, NARS, and TARTE might not like these blushes because the quality and pigmentation isn't the same.

You can buy this blush palette from the Coastal Scents website. They sell them for $15.95USD but I bought this when Coastal Scents had a 40% sale a while back. I think that this palette is a great way to try out a variety of shades without hurting your wallet. This palette gives you the option to try out new blush shades and to see which will complement your skin tone.

FYI: One of blushes arrived broken, as you can see in the pictures. I just took all the broken pieces and stored it in different container.

**All written content belongs to me unless otherwise stated. All pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...