Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Swatches: ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Petal


Hey everyone! I have really been into highlighters lately. I have been trying to expand my highlighter collection. I don't really have many highlighters besides this product and the Stila Rose Gold (that I got from a friend as a gift). I have been trying to find both the MAC Extra Dimensions in Superb & Whisper of Gilt but they are so hard to find in stores and are sold out online. I wish I had bought them when they first came out because they are sold out at the MAC stores in my area.

Since I couldn't find both the MAC highlighters that I wanted, I decided to pick up a ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Petal to lessen the blow. LOL Its not a dupe or anything. It was something that I was always curious about and it was inexpensive. ELF Shimmering Facial Whips are only $1USD plus tax at selected Target stores (where ELF products are sold) and online at EyesLipsFace.

EyesLipsFace describes their Shimmering Facial Whips:
"Naturally illuminates for a dewy finish. Soothes and conditions skin. No sticky, greasy feel. Hypoallergenic. Won't clog pores."

How EyesLipsFace suggests as their directions:
"Squeeze a pearl size amount on finger and blend into cheeks, eyes, or lips."

These Shimmering Facial Whips are packaged in clear, plastic squeezable tubes with a white twist off cap. The tube has the name of the product with ingredients on the back but over time, the writing will come off. The shade name is on a silver sticker on the cap. Each tube has a small and tapered tip, which makes it easy for a precise and mess-free application.






What I recommend you do before you use these is to shake them a couple of times. If you don't, these will get watery and/or runny as you can see in my pictures. These have water in them so you have to shake it to get everything evenly distributed and mixed. Once you do shake them a couple of time, the consistency of product will be become thicker and creamier.





I haven't used these that much to review them throughly but once I do, I might post a review up. ELF says that you can use these on your cheeks, eyes, and lips. You can use these on your cheeks as either cream blushes or as a cream highlighter for the cheeks. You can use these as a base for your eyeshadows on your lids. Plus you can dab a little onto the middle part of your lower lips to give them a fuller look. I have mostly been using this as a highlighter for the tops of my cheek bones. I have heard some people mixing a little amount into their foundations to give their face a dewy glow but I haven't tried that yet.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried these ELF Shimmering Facial Whips?
Do you use highlighters and if you do, which products do you use and recommend?
What do you think about this shade?

**All written content and pictures belong to me unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...