Sunday, April 15, 2012

Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer


Hey everyone! Summer is coming and I am thinking that it is now the perfect time to review a couple of foundation primers that I have. A foundation primer is especially great, during the summer, because it keeps your foundation in place during the hot weather. It also helps your foundation apply smoothly. A foundation primer that I have been using and really liking is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. Smashbox has a bunch of foundation primers, each having their own job like luminizing, moisturizing, colour correcting, anti-anging and priming. I haven't tried all these primers but I have tried the priming and the moisturizing one. I have been considering on getting the colour correcting primer as well as the luminizing one but right now, I want to finish up my current primers before I buy more since primers tend to take a while to finish up.


How Smashbox describes their Photo Finish Foundation Primer:
"Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of Vitamins A & E, Grape Seed Extract and Green Tea. Worn alone or under foundation to increase longevity, our best selling primer helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety -smooth finish. Oil-free! Winner of Best of Sephora Award for Best Primer, one of Marie Claire's '25 Products That Will Change Your Life,' and an Instyle Best Beauty Buy."

How Smashbox suggests to use:
"Apply a dime-size amount of Photo Finish Foundation primer to clean or moisturized skin, using fingertips, for complexion perfection. Follow with your favorite foundation."

I have the travel size version, which is 0.5 oz. I intended to buy the full-size version but the Sephora inside JcPenney that I went to didn't have the full size in stock so I had to get the travel size instead. This primer has lasted me for months and it looks like I barely even used it. With this, I never need a lot of product because a little goes a long way. Smashbox suggest using a dime-size amount but I use less than that and it covers my whole face. I also heard that this foundation primer improves your skin as well after repeated usage but I haven't seen any. The one that I have is clear, which I like because it can easily blend with any skin color. This one has a gel-like consistency, which makes it easy to blend. I would warn that this primer feels like you are rubbing silicone onto your face. To me, that doesn't really bother me. My face doesn't get really oily during the day (thank goodness!) but i really like the primer because it doesn't give my face any shine. It dries and absorbs into my skin fast, which is nice whenever you are running low on time. Whenever I apply this, my skin feels so smooth. It makes my foundation apply so much better and smoothly. Plus it does really make my foundation last longer on my face.



Interesting fact:
I didn't know about this little tip until I saw this on the Smashbox website. Smashbox says that you can use this foundation primer to tame frizzies as well, which is a little bit weird in my opinion. They say that you smooth the primer through wet or dry hair. I have never tried that tip and I probably never will. LOL Have you guys tried that tip before or even knew about it? Let me know what you think about it.
WHERE:
Online & Instores: ULTA and Sephora
Online: Smashbox

COST:
$49USD plus tax for 1.7oz
$36USD plus tax for 1.0 oz
$17USD plus tax for 0.5 oz (travel size)

All-in-all, I really like the foundation primer. I use whenever I know I am going to be out all day or whenever I know I am not going to have any time for touch-ups. It really does make my foundation last longer. I have tried other foundations from other brands but so far, the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is my favorite. I will definitely re-purchase if I ever run out.
QUESTIONS:
Do you use foundation primers and if you do, which ones?
Have you ever tried the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer?
What do you think about this particular foundation primer?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...