Saturday, February 2, 2013

Review & Swatches: Laura Geller Balance-N-Brighten Foundation SPF15 "Medium"



Hey everyone! If you saw my previous post, then you would know that I recently had the chance to post up a review on the Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten Baked Cheek Color "Pink Grapefruit." If you would like to check out that review, you can CLICK HERE. I bought the baked blush in the Laura Geller All Stars Most Coveted Collection For Face & Eyes and it also came with a full size Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten  Foundation SPF15 "Medium", which I am reviewing in this post. What I didn't know was that when I bought this that Laura Geller actually has two versions of this foundation, one with SPF and another one without SPF. The one that I got is with SPF15, which is definitely nice to have, especially during the summer.



DESCRIPTION:
"Balance-n-Brighten is one of the superstars of my Baked Collection and now comes with the added benefit of SPF15 protection. Featuring swirls of creamy neutrals, my skin-perfecting, soft focus powder corrects unevenness, blurs away imperfections and leaved skin looking simply flawless. You'll love the silky formula that brushes on so easily. Plus, Balance-n-Brighten is mineral oil-free, paraben-free and loaded with skin-loving antioxidants Centella Asiatica and White Tea Extracts." -Taken from the pamphlet included in the All Stars kit



HOW TO USE:
"Using a fluffy powder brush, apply Balance-n-Brighten all over face. You can also pair it with your favorite liquid base for an even and healthy glow." -Taken from the pamphlet included in the All Stars kit

SHADES:
The Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten has three shades: Fair, Medium, and Tan. I have the one in the shade Medium because I think most, if not all of Laura Geller sets come with the shade Medium. I actually think that Medium can work for both medium and fair skin tones. You just need to use it with a light hand for fair to light skin tones.





MY THOUGHT:
I actually love this! I have been using it everyday (well except for the days where I was testing out the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder) since I bought it. I am so glad that I actually have a backup of this even though I don't see myself hitting pan on it anytime soon because it contains so much product and you don't really need that much. I know that you can use this alone as a powder foundation but it doesn't really give me the coverage that I want (or need) so I would just use this to set my liquid foundation. It keeps my face looking matte all day and my makeup from sliding around during the day. I think that this is perfect for those who don't need a lot of coverage and for those who love using powder foundations. Plus whats great about this is that Laura Geller makes two versions of this foundation: one with SPF15 and another one without SPF. I actually have both and don't really see a difference in the two. All-in-all, it is a great powder foundation.

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried Laura Geller products?
Have you tried the Laura Geller Balance-N-Brighten Foundation?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovesMakeup
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a nice powder. I'll have to check it out once I'm done with my current powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows you might end liking it! Definitely let me know if you ever decide to get it and how you like it... ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the review! I've heard this is an amazing product with decent coverage for a pressed powder! I really want to try it but I think I'm going to try MAC MSF first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I have heard some people compare this to the MAC MSF.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...