Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013 Favorites



Hey everyone! Wow, 2013 came and now January is over. I know that I didn't post up my December 2012 favorites but I did post up a 2012 Favorites so I thought that that could account for December. Most of the products are pretty much the same anyways. For January, I wanted to use start using up some products that I already had (so I could finish them up) and use some of my "new" products as well. There isn't that many products this month but that could be because I kept using the same ones in a routine.

LIPS:
ELF STUDIO Lip Exfoliator
This exfoliator smells so yummy! I could just smell this all day. I have always wanted to try out a lip exfoliator but didn't want to spend too much money on one and since this one was only $3 or $1.50 during their 50% sales, I decided to buy it. I am so glad that I bought two of these. I use this whenever my lips start to peel, which is a couple times a month because of the dry weather and horrible lip balms that give my lips bad reactions. After using this, my lips are always so soft. I will definitely be buying more once my two are gone.


FACE:
MAYBELLINE Dream Smooth Mousse "Classic Ivory"
This one is a bit light on me but its not noticeable with bronzer on. I really like the coverage that this gives me and since I have been breaking out a bit (because of all the chocolates that I've been snacking on, uh oh!) this foundation has really been good at covering the majority, if not all, of my pimples.
LAURA GELLER Balance-N-Brighten Foundation "Medium"
I love this powder foundation. I have been using it a lot as a finishing powder to set my liquid foundations. I would sometimes use this to set my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse as well. I don't know what it is about this but it keeps my foundation on all day. You can also use this alone as your foundation but I find that it doesn't give me the coverage that I need, especially with my pimples and blemishes.



EYES:
NYX The Runway Collection "Caviar & Bubbles"
This is my first NYX palette and so far, I am really liking it. There is some fallout but then again, a lot of brands have fallout. The compact is small and nice to bring with me, if I ever decide to bring it with me on travels. I really like using this to create shimmery eye looks.
MAYBELLINE Color Tattoo "100 Barely Beige"
Let me just say that I love this! Its so creamy and the formulation is way better than my "Bad to the Bronze" one. I don't know why but that one is way drier and harder to apply onto my eyes. Please let me know if you have both and if the "Bad to the Bronze" one is supposed to be on the drier side. I love using "Barely Beige" all over my lid as a base for my shadows. Its just such a pretty shade.
LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
I got this with my LORAC Pro palette and so far, I am really loving it. I like how the packaging is like a lip gloss. Hopefully you can see what I mean in my picture. You can apply it directly onto your lids or just apply onto your finger. Its really creamy and keeps my shadow on all day.



BLUSH:
PHILOSOPHY The Color of Grace Art Of Blushing "Pink Dreams"
I remember the first time that I tried this, I didn't like it at all. It wasn't as pink as I would have liked and thats because it also has a highlighter surrounding the blush. I have been using it a lot this month and I have really been loving it. I love mixing everything together because it just gives my cheeks the perfect pink glow. I actually wish I had bought a backup of this when I had the chance.



So those are all my January 2012 favorites! I have really been liking these products. If you would like to know more about any of these products, definitely let me know. I know that this months favorite isn't much but I really wanted to finish up some of my products and try out some new ones.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried any of these products?

TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovesMakeup
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...