Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio to Enhance & Define Brown Eyes

Hey everyone! Today I am going to be doing a review on the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio to Enhance & Define Brown Eyes. It has three custom eye liner shades to define and enhance brown eyes. I really like how on the packaging, it shows the three different eye looks tat you can come up with using the three eyeliners. The actual packaging shows you how to do a natural, playful and dramatic eye look using the eyeliners. It comes with three different eyeliners. It comes an espresso, pruple and a black eyeliner. All three shades are perfect for brown eyes. Even if you don't have brown eyes, you can still use these. For the "natural" eye look, you can just use the espresso eyeliner to line the top and just on the bottm outer corner of your eye. For the "playful" eye look, you can use the purple on the top lid and on the bottom outer corner as well. For the "dramatic" eye look, which is great for going out or whenever, you can use both the black and purple eyeliner.




These eyeliners are hypoallergenic, paraben free, fragrance free and safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, which is great! Plus they are so dermatologist approved, which is awesome since most other makeup products just say dermatologist tested but that doesn't mean that they were actually approved like these eyeliners are.

WHAT:
According to the actual packaging, the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio is "the perfect set of three eyeliners to enhance your eye color and provide glamorous definition." Three different shades to create different eye looks customized for your eye color. Plus its supposedly 24-hour wear with "long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistent formula." These eyeliners are retractable eyeliners, which I really like. I don't really like pencil eyeliners bcause I hate having to sharpen them everytime. With these, you just have to twist and they come right up, plus they also come with a built-in sharpener at the bottom of the eyeliners, which you can just pop right out. Even though you don't have to sharpen these since they are retractable, the sharpeners are for some people who like to have the tips pointy for precise lines.












HOW:
The directions for these, from the packaging, is to just "apply eyeliner at the base of upper lashes. Layer shades together for endless looks. For more defined eyes, apply along lower lash line as well."

WHERE:
You can buy these anywhere Physicians Formula products are sold. I have seen these at RiteAid, CVS, Ulta, WalMart and Target stores. Stores may vary in your region.

PRICE:
I can't remember the exact price that I paid for this. I think it was around $9USD to $10USD plus tax. Sometimes Physicians Formula products go on sale so that is the perfect time to try them out. Prices vary by stores and region.

Overall, these eyeliners are alright. They are not my favorite eyeliners. I do really like the purple and espresso eyeliners but the black eyeliner is definitely not my favorite. The black eyeliner is not that pigmented. Whenever I am in need of a black eyeliner, I either use my Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero, Rimmel Eye Kohl in Black, or my most favorite Milani Liqui-fi Eyeliner in Black. The Milani Liqui-fi Eyeliner in Black is the most pigmented and creamiest black I have ever seen. Espresso is the first brown eyeliner that I have and I really like it. I use it whenever I don't want my eyes to look overdone and just want that natural eye look. Plus the purple eyeliner is great for those times whenever I want to add a pop of color to my eyes since I never go crazy and/or bold with my eye shadows.

I wouldn't really say that these eyeliners are 24-hour wear since they only tend to last maybe about 2-3 hours on my waterline. They would probably last a long time on my upper lash line but I hardly ever line my upper lash line so I can't really say. I have tried them on my bottom lash lines before and they do last a long time for me. Like I said, these eyeliners are alright and are great to have when you want to experiment with some basic colors but if you are looking for a pigmented black eyeliner, I wouldn't get this.

Have you tried the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio to Enhance & Define Brown Eyes? What do you think of these eyeliners? What is your favorite black eyeliner?

**All pictures belong to me. All written content belong to me unless otherwise stated in post. Some quotations were taken from the Physicians Formula Eyeliner Trio packaging. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...