Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: EOS Lip Balms


Hey everyone! Today I just feel like posting a lot so I am going to try to post at least five posts today. LOL Wish me luck! In this post, I am going to be talking about the EOS Lip Balms. EOS basically means "Evolution of Smooth", which I never knew until I started doing this review and was looking at the actual packaging that the EOS came in. LOL If you don't know what an EOS lip balms is, its just basically a lip balm but what makes it unique from other lip balms is its packaging (as you can see in the pictures). The lip balm in the pictures is the EOS lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet.


WHAT:
EOS lip balms are 100% all natural lip balms that are 95% organic. Plus its USDA organic, which is really nice too! They are also paraben free, phthalete free and petrolatum free. They have shea butter, jojoba oil, and vitamin E to help keep the lips moisturized and soft. Also its also gluten free for those people who can't have any gluten!! And the best part is that its not tested on animals!!

PACKAGING:
Instead of your typical lip balm packaging in a twist up tube, EOS lip balms' packaging is sort of egg-shaped. Its sort of like sphere shaped. The packaging is really different and more noticable than the usual packaging. Plus whats also cute about these EOS lip balms is that each flavor has their own different color packaging. Plus their packaging also has somewhat a rubbery feel to them. For instance, the packaging of the Honeysuckle Honeydew is sort of a mint green, Summer Fruit is a corally red, while Strawberry Sorbet is a light pink. Now supposedly, the sphere shape is supposed to make it easier to glide onto your lips but I don't really see a difference from my other lip balms.

FLAVORS:
There are at least six flavors as of right now:
     ❀ Strawberry Sorbet
     ❀ Summer Fruit
     ❀ Honeysuckle Honeydew
     ❀ Sweet Mint
     ❀ Medicated Tangerine
     ❀ Lemon Drop SPF15

The ones that I have so far are Strawberry Sorbet, Honeysuckle Honeydew, and Summer Fruit. My favorite out of the ones that I have and tried is Strawberry Sorbet. It smells really good and plus its pink!! I have been wanting to find the other flavors, like Lemon Drop, Medicated Tangerine and Sweet Mint but I could never find them.

PRICE:
EOS lip balms usually retail for around $3USD-$4USD each plus tax. Sometimes they do go on sale, depending on the store. A few months ago, Ulta had these on sale for $2USD/5 and a few weeks ago at Walgreens, these were on sale for $2.99USD with $2RR back, so it was sort of like paying $0.99USD for one.

WHERE:
You can buy EOS lip balms at Walgreens, CVS, Ulta, RiteAid, Albertsons, WalMart and Target. You can also buy EOS Lip Balms online from the EOS website as well. To buy from the EOS website, you can click here: EOS Official Online Store Stores may vary though. Out of all those stores in my area, the only ones that I was able to find EOS lip balms were Walgreens, WalMart, CVS and Ulta. I think it just depends on your store and whether they keep any in stock. If find out what stores in your area carry EOS lip balms, you can click here to find out: EOS Locator

All-in-all these EOS lip balms are alright. I would say that they don't really live up to all the hype about them. Before I tried this, I would hear so many great reviews about EOS lip balms and how much better they are than your typical lip balms. These lip balms are cute because of their unique shape. Its fun to take these out and use these in public because its so different and have people wondering what it is that you are using. LOL

To me, I would buy these again just because of its cute shape but I would prefer my regular chapstick over this in terms of keeping my lips moisturized. Don't get me wrong, EOS lip balms do keep my lips moistured when I apply these to my lips, but the moisture wears off pretty quickly. With these, I feel like I would have to reapply every few 30 minutes to a hour. Plus another downside is that once after you use this lip balm after a couple of times, the shape of the actual lip balm tends to get flatter and no longer stays round. I would repurchase these but not for full retail price. I just don't think that they are worth more than $2USD each. I would rather just wait until these go on sale and just use my regular lip balms and chapstick for the mean time.

So what do you think about EOS lip balms? Have you ever tried them before? Would you consider these your favorite lip balm? Do you like their unique packaging? Do you think that they actually live up to all the hype surrounding them? Do they keep your lips moisturized?

To find out more about EOS Lip Balms: CLICK HERE
**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...