Saturday, February 25, 2012

NOTD: Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Savage

Hey everyone! I just posted a Sinful Colors haul a while ago and decided to do a review on one of the polishes that I bought before I started my blog. I love matte nail polishes and wanted to wear one on my nails this week. In the pictures, I am wearing Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Savage, which is a gorgeous color. Savage is a teal-blue shade.


What I really like most about this shade is that its a matte polish, which is a first for me. I have never tried matte polishes before Sinful Colors and this was the very first one that I bought. I love it! I just love the finish of it. But you have to be really careful when you apply this polish because mistakes are more noticable with matte polishes, especially if  you streak or clump the polish. I did two coats but one coat can do too. It lasted almost a week before it started to chip on my nails and I didn't even use a top coat, which is crazy. It would have probably lasted longer on my nails, if I had used a top coat over. I do know that if I wear this again, I will definitely either be using Hard Candy Mattely In Love or Essie Matte About You as a top coat.


I knew that if I had used a regular top coat, the finish would come off as shiny instead of matte. I would have used a matte top coat but I wanted to see how long this polish would last on my nails without one. LOL With this polish, you definitely need a base coat!! Make sure you use a good base coat because if you don't use a good base coat, this shade will stain your nails. I used Orly Top2Bottom Coat and it only lightly stained my nails but I was able to get rid of the stain by using a lot of nail polish remover and buffering like crazy. LOL

I just love this polish and the fact that its matte. I don't really own a lot of matte nail polishes. I probably just own three matte nail polishes and two matte top coats. I won't probably buy anymore matte nail polishes since I can use a matte top coat over to make it matte. LOL I was wondering if you guys know how you can tell if a polish is matte just from looking at the bottle. If you guys know, comment below! If you guys have any questions, let me know. Don't hesitate to ask!

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**
Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!


2 comments:

  1. i decided that i need this! lol beautiful color and I love that its matte as well.

    was hoping youd check out my blog and follow? it would mean a lot!!!
    xoxo kelsey

    http://kelseylovescosmetics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so far that I have seen Sinful Colors has maybe 3-4 matte nail polishes. I just finished checking out your blog and I really like it. I love your eye looks and oh my goodness, your lashes are long. Lucky you! I just followed your blog and thank you so much for folowing mines! It really means a lot to me! Please help me spread the word about my blog!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...