Friday, February 10, 2012

Review: John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up FlyAway Tamer


Hey everyone! Do you ever have the problem where you are trying to make your hair all neat and nice but soon get irritated when you see a couple of very noticable flyaways on the top of your head? I do, all the time, especially right after I blow dry my hair. I get so annoyed by the flyaways that sometimes I don't even bother styling my hair. But now, since my hair is getting longer, I have been wanting to style my hair so much! I have mostly been curling and/or braiding my hair.

I've tried putting lotion onto the flyaways but that just ends up making my hair heavy, thus making it flat. Plus it also makes it look somewhat oily because of the moisture from the lotion. I have tried hairspray, gel, and mousse. Hairspray makes my hair stiff, which I don't really like. Gel is very messy and it makes your hail somewhat crunchy, which is almost the same results that you get with mousse. Plus those products aren't really good for touch-ups during the day. All the products are too bulky to put in your purse for on the go. I have been searching for the perfect product that can tame my flyaways and convenient enough to just throw in my purse and bring with me during the day. So I am finally glad to say that I have finally found that product!!

WHAT:
The product that I am loving is the John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up FlyAway Tamer. I bought this product from Walgreens in December 2011 and have been using it since. This product is part of the Full Repair line from John Frieda, which is a line that is meant to "revive overworked hair [and] for damage from frequent heat styling and coloring," according to the actual packaging. This flyaway tamer is great because it helps smooth flyaways and frayed ends while giving your hair that polished look and shine without looking greasy. Since this product is in the Full Repair line, then its safe for hair that is chemically-treated and color-treated. I sometimes dye my hair, so I am glad to know that this product is safe for my hair. The actual product inside is sort of like a gel consistency. Its clear so its great for both brunettes and blondes.

HOW:
Basically what you do is just brush the wand over any flyaways or broken ends to smooth them. You reapply as needed. Plus you have to make sure that you use this on dried, styled hair. The steps are pretty easy and doesn't require much. If you have used mascara on your eyelashes before, then this is pretty much the same concept. Instead of using mascara to brush it on your eyelashes, you use this product to brush it onto your flyaways. What I like to do is just apply this onto my flyaways and then use a brush to just brush over the parts where I applied this and then viola, you are done! No more flyaways! Its pretty easy, yes?



PACKAGING:
Plus what I really like about it is that its not messy at all! Its a great product that makes it so easy to bring with you during the day for any touch-ups that you may need. The actual product inside is sort of like a gel consistency. Its clear so its great for both brunettes and blondes. As you can see from my pictures, it pretty much looks like a mascara. It even has the same brush wand as a mascara. The wand of this tamer is just sort of like your typical mascara wand. The overall product is even the same size as a typical mascara, which is great because it makes it so easy to bring with you during the day and it doesn't take up a lot of space in your purse and/or storage.



SCENT:
It does have a scent to it but it isn't overpowering. Once its on your hair, you can't smell it. It doesn't have a bad smell. The smell is pretty good but I don't know how to describe it. I think it just smells like your usual hair product. LOL Sorry I am not good at describing scents.

WHERE:
You can find this Touch-Up FlyAway Tamer basically anywhere John Frieda products are sold. Stores typically range by region. I have seen this at CVS, Walgreens (which is where I bought mines), WalMart, Target, RiteAid and Ulta. You can probably find this in supermarkets as well that sell hair products but don't quote me on that. LOL To find out which stores in your area sell John Frieda products, you can click here to find out: http://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/Where-To-Buy

PRICE:
Prices vary by store and region. I have seen these retail between $5.99USD to $8.99USD plus tax. Sometimes these go on sale. I bought mines in December 2011 at Walgreens. It was on clearance for about $2USD to $3USD plux tax. I went back a couple of weeks ago to buy some more but now these are regularly price and no longer on clearance.

So all-in-all, I really like this hair product! I would definitely re-purchase if I ever run out. Since I only need a little amount to apply onto my flyaways and broken ends, I don't really use that much so I am pretty sure that this will last me a long time! I would definitely recommend this. Its great for smoothing away flyaways plus its great to bring with you during the day. Its not messy and its the same size as a mascara tube so it doesn't take any room in your purse. Plus its so simple to use. How much more would you need? LOL

Have you ever tried this product before? Have you ever been interested in anything like this? Do you have constant flyaways and/or broken ends? What do you use to tame your flyaways, if any?

To find out more about the John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up FlyAway Tamer, you can click here: http://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/ProductDetail/Hair-Care/Full-Repair/Touc...

**All pictures belong to me. All written content belongs to me unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...