Sunday, February 19, 2012

Review: ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark (With Swatches)


Hey everyone! I just wanted to review a product that I have been LOVING and using everyday. It is a product that I can never leave the house without unless its on my face. The product that I am talking about is the ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark. I bought this a year ago and have been using it everyday. I even bought back-ups just incase I ever ran out or if ELF suddenly discontinues it. **Knock on wood so that never happens.** This is a great product to enhance and define your eyebrows. A year ago, before I started using these, I never felt the need to do my eyebrows because I never thought it would make any difference to my face but boy, was I wrong! If you have sparse eyebrows, like me, then this might be the perfect product for you. Trust me, if you use this correctly, then you will definitely see a difference in your brows and your overall face appearance.



WHAT:
Taken from the EyesLipsFace website, "Create brows that are fuller, thicker, and more defined! The pigmented wax defines and shapes brows and the color complementing setting powder keeps them looking arched and perfected. The doubled sided taklon brush has one side to help arch your brows while the other side aids in filling them in. This duo provides lasting color definition for a naturally beautiful look." So far, ELF has these in four different colors: Light, Medium, Dark and Ash. It comes with a brow wax and a powder to set the wax.

PACKAGING:
The packaging of these remind me of NARS packaging. The only difference is the feel of the packaging. NARS has that vevelty feel to it, which makes it hard to clean. Plus I have these in back-up and some of them have different packaging, which is weird. LOL I have some where there is no peek-though window in the front and some where is a window. I prefer the ones with no window because those come with a full-size mirror, which you can see in some of my pictures.


HOW:
This eyebrow kit comes with a brow wax, a brow powder and a mini duo-ended brush. First, you would use the brow wax to fill in your brows and then apply the brow powder to set the wax. I feel that the brow powder actually makes the wax stay on longer.




LASTING POWER:
This actually lasts all day on my brows. I never felt like I had to reapply though the day. I would apply this around eight in the morning and its still on my brows around midnight. I think the lasting power would actually vary according to how oily your skin is. I have combination to oily skin but my eyebrows never get oily. I usually get oily on my T-zone and pretty much anywhere on my face is normal (not dry but not oily). If your forehead and/or eyebrows get really oily during the day, then the lasting power would probably be different for you. To make it last longer on your brows, I would definitely reccomend using the brow powder to set the brow wax. It makes a huge difference!

WHERE:
You can purchase this anywhere ELF Studio products are sold. I just usually purchase this online from the EyesLipsFace website because they are always having great promotions. If you are interested in this product, you can click here, which will lead you directly to the product: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes/eyebrows/eyebrow_kit I have seen this at certain Target stores and I have heard that some WalMarts are starting to carry ELF products as well, so be on the lookou for that!

PRICE:
This ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit retails for $3USD plus tax. Sometimes ELF has great sales, like 50% off ELF Studio products, which is a great promotion to take advantage of.

All-in-all, I would definitely recommend this product to define and enhance your eyebrows. It definitely makes a difference! This is the only brow product that I have tried so I can't compare this to other drugstore and/or high-end brow kits. Plus its so easy to apply and blendable. I use this everyday and never leave the house without defining my brows. Plus it really keeps my brows in place. I used to use a brow brush to tame my brows but now I barely even touch it since the wax holds my brows in place. Like I said before, this product lasts all day on my brows but the compact is small enough to just bring with you in your makeup bag. Plus its sturdy enough to bring with you for traveling.
For more information about the ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit:
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes/eyebrows/eyebrow_kit

**All pictures belong to me. All written content belong to me, unless otherwise stated in the post. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**
Join me (or follow me) on Luuux! You can earn Luuux points by blogging and/or commenting. Plus you can redeem those points for great prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...