Hey everyone! I am so happy to say that my blog got nominated for a Liebster Award twice! First off, I just want to say thank you to both Jane from Paging Doctor Pretty and Choi from The Choi-Ful Nail Diary for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award!! You guys have no idea how grateful I am to have been nominated. It really means a lot so thank you!!
In case you guys didn't know, the Liebster Award is an award that is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers to help promote their blogs for all the hard work and "sweat" that they put into their blogs. Its a great way to get your blogs recognized among the blogging community and to get to know other bloggers as well.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- No tag-backs!
1. What is your *least* favorite beauty step or ritual?
My least favorite beauty ritual would definitely have to be the removal. LOL As much as I love taking the time to put on my makeup, I hate or rather sometimes just feel lazy to clean my face but of course, I always do at the end of the night because if I don't, I always end up with a pimple or two the next day!
2. Would you rather live a year without foundation/concealer or a year without hair conditioner?
I would rather live a year without hair conditioner because I just wouldn't feel comfortable throughout the day without foundation or concealer. I have a couple of acne scars and redness on my face and can never leave the house without feeling the need of covering them up, especially if I had a big whopping pimple on my face. LOL
3. What are you most excited about for Spring?
I am definitely excited for all the flowers to start blooming. I love it whenever I see colorful flowers everywhere. I have a little peach tree in my yard and so far, it has three flowers on it and I can't wait for it to have more! Its just going to look so pretty when its green with leaves and pink with flowers!
4. What is your favorite kind of ethnic cuisine?
My favorite would have to be either Italian or Mexican! I just love eating pasta and of course, my carne asada burritos! Carne asada burritos with some sour cream on the side and a plate of cheesy nachos! Yum! Dang, now my tummy is literally growling. LOL
5. What part of your blog are you the most proud of? (It's okay, don't be modest!)
I would have to say the content of my posts! I take a lot of time working on my posts from the pictures to the wording and always get a little proud whenever I publish one on my blog.
6. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little, I think I wanted to be a singer. My parents had actually even bought me a little mini kid karaoke set with its own microphone. It didn't play music or anything but it was fun to play with. Most of my kid pictures are of me holding a microphone or a toy guitar.
7. Favorite YouTube viral video?
It would probably have to be of the baby laughing so hard every time he rips a piece of paper with his daddy. The baby is just so adorable and makes me laugh every time he gets happy for ripping paper.
8. Everyone is a nerd about something. What do you geek out about?
For me, it would have to be makeup and skincare. I do have to admit, I don't know everything about those two subjects but I love learning everything that I can about them. Plus it always feels nice whenever a friend or family member comes to me for a beauty or skincare question and I have the answer for it!
9. What is your hidden talent?
I am not sure what my hidden talent is. Hopefully someday I will be able to find it. If I do, I will definitely update this question!
10. What is your favorite drugstore dupe?
It would probably have to be the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette. I wouldn't call it a full on dupe but its a great alternative to the Urban Decay Naked, in my opinion. Plus the shadows are pigmented and definitely great quality! For $4.99 plus tax, how can you argue with that?
11. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I don't really know where I see myself in five years but I would like to have my dream job by then and maybe meet the love of my life. ;)
Okay, now onto Choi's questions! Hopefully I don't sound boring answering these as well. Plus hopefully I will be able to come up with my own questions after answering both Jane's and Choi's. LOL
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I actually wanted to share my love for makeup.
2. What's your favorite quote?
I actually have two favorite quotes and since I can't decide between the two, I am going to quote them both. "Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live." "Love is like a mountain, hard to climb. But once you get to the top, the view is beautiful."
3. Happiness, money, good looks and love. If you could only choose two what would it be?
I would chose happiness and love. I am a sucker for love. To me, a life without happiness and love is really no life at all.
4. Favorite season and why?
My favorite season would have to be Spring because its not too hot and its not too cold. Its just the perfect weather. Plus I love seeing all the flowers blooming and all the trees and grass getting green.
5. Biggest pet peeve?
My pet peeve would definitely have to be hypocrites I just can't stand them and don't like being around them.
6. The first three people you think of/run to whether it be good or bad times?
My mom, my little brother, and hopefully someday my future hubby (whoever he is). LOL Hopefully that counts as an answer.
7. What's your favorite hot drink?
I don't think I have a favorite hot drink but I do like drinking green tea.
8. One food that you wouldn't mind eating every day?
If I could never get fat or unhealthy from eating it everyday, it would definitely have to be chicken alfredo pasta with garlic bread sticks. Yum!
9. Your future plans?
Like I said before, I am a sucker for love. I just love romance so hopefully my future plans will include meeting the love of my life and getting my dream job!
10. What's your biggest fear?
Ooh I am not sure if I want to announce it to everyone, especially on the Internet. Thats not very safe, especially me being a very cautious person. Hmm... I guess one that I can safely say would be living my life without actually living it to its full extent. Hopefully that makes sense.
11. One thing you'd change about yourself?
If I had the chance to change a thing about myself, it would be either the scars on my legs (to make them disappear forever) or my shyness. I would like to get rid of both, if I can.
Now for the eleven bloggers that I nominate for this award! Let me just say that it was a bit hard since a lot of people that I follow tend to have over 500 followers but I did find some great bloggers that I think should get more recognized. Please feel free to check their blogs out and if you do, let them know that I sent you to them!
- Macho Chick
- Darbies Beauty Finds
- The Happy Sloths
- Estee Darla
- My Little Makeup Obsession
- Shannon's Eye On Beauty
- Beauty In The Breakdown 4
- Me Gusta Nail Polish
- Sincerely Blushaholic
- Beauty Madn3ss
- Xbeauty Kitten
- What is the one show that you watch but are too ashamed to admit? Its fine if you say, Keeping Up With The Kardashians. LOL
- If you could do one thing that completes or fulfills your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite thing about makeup?
- Flats, wedges, sneakers, heels, or boots? If you had to wear one type of shoe for the whole year (without them hurting your feet), what would it be?
- Edward or Jacob?
- What's your idea of a perfect, romantic date?
- What's your favorite drugstore brand?
- What are your short-term plans?
- What is one thing you wish you had known about makeup sooner?
- If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one thing with you (no cellphones please), what would it be?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
- I just discovered Teen Wolf and really like watching it. LOL I am trying to catch up on all the episodes. So far, I am on episode 6 of season 1. I am actually watching that episode while typing this post.
- I tend to over think things. If you are out with me or talking to me and I seem quiet to you, its because I am either daydreaming or over thinking things. LOL Pretty much everyone who really knows me know that about me.
- I am a sucker for love. I am in love with love. I just love the idea of it and the happiness that it brings. Of course, love also brings sadness but hopefully, one day I will know what true love feels like.
- One of my favorite shows to watch is Dance Moms. I just love watching the girls dance and seeing all the drama unfold between all the crazy moms. My favorite dancer is Chloe and I just love it whenever she beats Maddie in a competition. Mean for me to say but its true. LOL
- If I looked good in sweatpants, I would probably wear them out everyday. They are just so comfy.
- My favorite color is pink. If I could have everything in my room pink, without it looking too much, I probably would.
- I get sad whenever I see flowers die.
- If I had two wishes, it would be for my parents to have enough money for them to retire and never have to worry about money again and the other would be for everyone in life to end up happy and never feeling alone.
- I don't like eating veggies. I can eat them when someone is cooking for me and includes them but if I had the choice, I would prefer it without the veggies.
- I can't stand the taste of milk. Its disgusting and thats probably why I am so short. LOL
- My favorite thing to drink is water! I know water has no taste but I just love the "taste" of it. I love how refreshing it feels. I drink like 8 cups a day and actually prefer it over soda.
Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!
BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE