Friday, January 11, 2013

Spotted: New Revlon Products

Hey everyone! If you saw my previous post, then you would know that I saw a bunch of new displays recently. The second display that I am going to talk about is the Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow Palettes. I was actually excited when I saw these because I really like Revlon products, especially their ColorStay line.


I also liked that the display had a tester. I love how a lot of drugstore brands are having testers on their new displays now. It makes it easier to decide what your right shade is and whether you like the product or now. On the display, I saw 8 new palettes but one of them was already sold out.
  • 530 Bohemien
  • 520 Watercolors
  • 510 Graffiti
  • 525 Avant Garde
  • 501 Metropolitan
  • 515 Renaissance
  • 535 Pop Art




The tester that was provided on the display was the Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow "520 Watercolors". I must say that these shadows are pretty soft to the touch but I hate to admit that the shadows in this palette aren't that pigmented. Plus they are quite on the powdery side. Plus the sparkle top coat (which is the sparkly pink shadow at the end) is a mess. Its the least pigmented in the palette and it has a ton of fallout, which you can see in the pictures. I guess the person before me was trying to wear it but just created a pink glitter mess. Plus the primer in the palette is a bit weird. Its not your usual wet primer but its a tad bit on the drier side. Of course, it could be because the palette was open on the display as a tester for who know how many days. What do you guys think?









Other than that, I am not sure if I would end up buying any of these anytime soon. I just have way too many shadows in my collection and I am not a fan of these shadows but the other palettes could be different. Have you seen these new Revlon PhotoReady shadows? What do you guys think? What palette caught your eyes? What do you guys think about the swatches?


Another display that I am going to talk about is the Revlon PhotoReady  BB Cream. I wonder if these are going to be more similar to tinted moisturizers than to the actual Asian BB Creams. I wish I had bought one to bring home with me but I was just so excited seeing all the new displays. I was just taking pictures, oohing and ahhing, then would move onto another display and start the whole process all over again. LOL There was a tester on this display as well, which I really liked.
So far, they only have three shades and I don't know if they are going to have more shades later on. On the display, there were only three shades: Light, Light/Medium, and Medium. This BB Cream claims to "hydrate like moisturizer, smooths like primer, covers like foundation, blurs flaws like concealer, and protects with SPF 30 like sunscreen," according to the display.



From the tester, I actually think that this does have a good coverage. By the way, the tester on this display was the "020 Light Medium" shade. As you can see from my swatch, a little goes a long way with this. I can actually see that whole amount covering my whole face or if I would want a bit more coverage, then one side of my face. I really like how its easy to blend out and it feels really nice on my skin. I am not sure on how well it covers up blemishes because it made all the tiny lines of my wrist more noticeable  I think this would probably be great for those who have a flawless face and doesn't need much concealing with blemishes or is worried about any wrinkles. Other than that, I do like it but I hate how it makes all my lines more noticeable. You can see in some of my pictures, where the BB cream is blended out that the lines or more noticeable whereas the parts that don't have the BB cream is less noticeable.






If any of you guys have tried this BB cream out, please let me know what you guys think of it. Have you guys seen the new Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream yet? What do you guys think about this BB Cream?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

==================================================================

YOUTUBE: CLICK HERE
FACEBOOK: CLICK HERE
BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: MakeupFromLisa
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87

**All written content and pictures belongs to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...