Thursday, October 25, 2012

September 2012 Favorites


Hey everyone! Whoa can you guys believe that we're now in the middle of October? Its so crazy at how fast this whole year is passing us by. Sorry that I am a bit late with this post. September was a pretty great month and I'm sad to see it go already but can't wait for Halloween. I love Halloween and dressing up, especially taking my little brother out for trick-r-treating! Plus getting free candy from his basket isn't that bad either. Haha! These past few months I have been trying out a couple of new products and been going back to some oldies that I miss. It isn't much but I have really been liking these products, hence why they are in my September 2012 favorites.

MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish/Highlighter "Superb"
This is a gorgeous soft peachy nude and I just love how it looks on the top of my cheekbones. I love using this as a highlighter because it just adds a glow to my face. This is the same to the ever so popular Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelee. Its a great universal shade that I think will work on both light and dark complextions. If you spot this at a CCO, I highly recommend you pick this up! I wish I had picked up the rest of the skinfinishes in the Extra Dimension collection, especially Whisper of Gilt. Whhisper of Gilt is now on my wishlist!


Tarte MultiplEYE Natural Lash Enhancing Primer
This is a sample size that was in my Tarte Vanity set and I really love it. I never used a lash primer before and this one primer has just started my curiousity for trying out more. The full size costs $22 but I am hoping to either get during Sephora F&F sale or hope that Tarte will have a great holiday set or sale.
Tarte MultiplEye Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
This is also a sample size that came with the primer in the Tarte Vanity set. The full size version retails for $19 and I am definitely going to purchase the full size as long as I can get a good deal on it. If I do end up purchasing this, this will definitely be my first high-end mascara purchase. I just love this mascara. It makes my lashes look longer, separates them, and keeps them curled all day.
ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit "Dark"
Haha, you guys have probably seen this so many times in my monthly favorites posts. This is my second one and I have about three more as backup. I really love this for my brows and I can never leave the house without doing my brows. This keeps my brows perfect and set all day. I just love the wax in this kit and wish that they had added more of the wax and less of the powder since I barely use the powder.
WnW Eyeshadow Palette "Vanity"
I love this palette. Its affordable and it has both matte and shimmer shadows. I love using this to create everyday, neutral eye looks. It comes with a great browbone highllighter, lid color, crease colors, and outer corner shades. I think this palette is now discontinued because I haven't seen it in stores anymore but if you do happen to see it, you should definitely pick it up. I wish I had a back-up of it because I can see myself hitting pan on it soon.


Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer "Buff"
I have really been liking this. Its a great highlighting concealer. It doesn't conceal any blemishes well but its great to use for the under eye area and on the bridge of the nose. I also like using this on my cupids bow since it makes my lips appear fuller. This doesn't really highlight that much on my skintone but I heard that the only one that really does highlight on many skintones is the one in the shade Radiant.


Too Faced Glamour Gloss "Barely Legal"
I love this gloss and am sad to see that its almost all gone. I only have a couple of uses left so chances are that you might be seeing this lip gloss in my next finished products post. Its just a gorgeous milky pink plus it leaves a refreshing tingle on my lips. Its supposed to plump your lips but my lips are already somewhat on the full side so I don't really see any plumping action.
Peripera Wonder Kiss Gloss "5 Glam Biege"I actually won this in a giveaway a while back and I have just started using it again. I love this lipgloss so much. I think the reason why I stopped using it was because I was afraid that I was going to use it all up since this is a Korean brand and hard to get a hold of here in the States. Glam Beige is a gorgeous pink with a bunch of shimmers. If you are not a fan of shimmers, then I wouldn't recommend this for you. The pink doesn't really show up on my lips so it looks like I just applied a clear gloss with shimmers. Its not too thick or sticky. This gloss is just the perfect consistency and formula. Plus the packaging is pretty cute and the applicator is similar to NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss with the slightly bent applicator. If you would like to see a review with swatches, definitely let me know!
MAC Lipstick "Angel"
This isn't mine but actually belongs to my sister. She left it at home and I have been using it since. Shh, don't tell her I have it. LOL This lipstick has a frosty finish that I am not much a fan of but I do love the feel of the lipstick. Since it has a frosty finish, I feel like it makes me lips look like they are peeling. I don't own any MAC lipsticks but if I do end up buying one, I'll probably try out one of their creme finishes. I do love the smell of this lipstick and wonder if all MAC lipsticks have this scent.
LypSyl Intense Protection LypMoisturizer
I received this in my Influenster Naturals VoxBox last month and I have really been loving this! I probably only have about half a month to a month left before its all gone. Its so moisturizing and keeps my lips smooth all day. This also leaves a minty tingle on my lips and has a minty scent as well. I plan on repurchasing this once I finish this.


Sally Hansen Hard As Nails "Rose Wine"
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear "Wet Cement"
I have really been loving both of these shades! Wet Cement is a gorgeous fall shade and Rose Wine is a lovely pink. Both of these polishes have amazing formulas and are opaque in two coats.


ELF Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths
I use these everyday and love these. I have a bunch of backups in my bathroom cabinet. I will definitely be repurchasing these once I run out of my stock. These are so great at removing my makeup. I use these to remove all my makeup and then wash my face with a cleanser. These comes with 20 wipes and are so affordable.



PONDs Dry Skin Cream
I use this as a face moisturizer in the morning and at night. This is great for those who have dry skin. I don't really have dry skin but some of my cleansers tighten up my skin after washing my face so I like to use this to get the moisture back in. It doesn't make my face oily throughout the day or night. Its just a great moisturizer.


So those are all my favorite products!! I actually had some more favorite products but I knew that I had to downsize this post. Maybe I should just start doing YouTube videos since it would be more easier since all I would have to do would be talk. Haha. What do you guys think? Should my first YouTube video be a monthly favorites or a haul? If you have any questions about any of the products that I use, definitely let me know!

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried any of these products?
What products made it into your monthly favorites?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...