Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Review/Swatches: Revlon PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette "Pink Rose"


Hey everyone! If you have been following my blog and/or posts, then you would know that I got this Revlon PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette "Pink Rose" sometime during the beginning of the year at Ulta during one of their 40% off sales. I remember trying out this palette when I bought it but haven't really touched it since, which you will soon find out why. I thought that it was going to be such a great palette to bring with me on travels and/or touch-ups during the day since it has all the products that you would need for the cheeks in one palette or so I thought...

WHAT:
According to the Revlon website, "3-in-1 makeup artist inspired palette with highlighter, blush and contour blush adds color, sculpts and illuminates. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to minimize flaws. Oil free and fragrance free."



HOW:
Taken from the Revlon website,
"Sculpt: Apply deeper contour shade below cheekbone to sculpt
Color: Appply blush on apples of cheeks to color
Illuminate: Apply highlighter shade above cheekbone to illuminate and add glow
"


PACKAGING:
This palette comes in your typical Revlon PhotoReady black compact. The packaging is pretty much similar, if not, the same as the Revlon PhotoReady Bronzer. Its a flip top compact and has a clear window on the front so you can see the actual product.The compact is a big long because it comes with a mini brush but I never use those because I prefer using my own brushes. I do wish that Revlon didn't include the brush and just made the compact smaller and round since all we really need is the actual product and not the extras. There is also a built-in mirror in the compact but its kind of small and not really what I would like to use if I was applying makeup on the go.




PIGMENTATION:
Now this is where all the problem starts. For the actual compact, they all look like great colors but when they were swatched, it was such a huge let down. I just couldn't believe that Revlon would put this out in drugstores and sell this. All the colors were sheer.I was really sad when I tried out this product. I love Revlon products and Revlon is my favorite drugstore brand. I was sad to say that I was disappointed with this palette and this is the first Revlon product that I can truly say that I didn't like at all. I got this palette mainly because of the blush and the highlighter. Both looked like they would be gorgeous shades but everything was so sheer. All swatches took a bunch of swipes and they still didn't show up. I had swipe the products really hard just to get something to show up. Most of the time, all you would see were the shimmers. As you can see in my swatches, you can see how sheer they all were. All the swatches in my pictures were down with a ton of swipes. If you used a brush to apply any of these on your face, nothing will show up. You would have to apply it a bunch of times just for anything to show. I had to swipe my brush so many times and I have light to fair skin tone so you would know that this definitely isn't pigmented if it wouldn't even show up on my skin.








THOUGHTS:
I hate this product and definitely regret even getting this. I was so disappointed in this because the pigmentation sucks. Usually Revlon blushes and bronzers are silky and soft to the touch but all the products in this palette are hard and stiff to the touch. I would definitely not recommend buying this palette. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't even want it if it was free because it would just be a waste and take up space in my makeup collection. I don't even know what to do with it anymore since I never touch it. I have just given up on it. I am just sad because these are regularly priced at $12.99 plus tax. So all-in-all, I would not recommend this! If you are looking for a palette with a bronzer, blush and highlighter you should look elsewhere, especially if you wanted something that was pigmented.

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever tried this Revlon PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this today and am disappointed! I should have checked this review out first :P Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I heard that these are on clearance at Walgreens and you could use a coupon to get them for cheap but I wouldn't even pay a few cents for them anyways since they are pigmented at all. You can always return it and get your money back, depending on what store you bought it from. I'm glad you liked my review, hopefully you will be able to return it. Good luck!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...