Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review/Swatches: Physicians Formula pH MatchMaker pH Powered Blush "Natural"


Hey everyone! Its been a while since I posted a review on a blush and I have been buying blushes like crazy since I started myobsession with makeup. I am a huge blush fanatic. All shades pink and I am there! So far, since my two to three years of wearing makeup, I have only been able to finish off one blush and still haven't hit pan on my other ones yet. Don't judge. LOL Lately I have been getting bored with some of my current blushes so I decided to get one that I haven't tried yet. I decided to try out one that I recently bought and have been curious about. So far, I have been wearing it for almost two months now and have been loving it. Plus I thought that it would be a great time to do a review!

WHAT:
If you didn't know already (IDK where you have been hiding) but Physicians Formula came out with a line called pH MatchMaker sometime last year. This line includes powders, bronzers, blushes, and lipglosses that claims to react to light and your pH to "instantly match you in 60 seconds." I actually bought both the blush and the lipgloss but haven't tried the lipgloss yet. I have only tried the blush in the entire line but hope to try all the other products in the pH MatchMaker line. According to the packaging, this is the "first ever blush with pH Power Complex [that] transforms into your perfectly personalized hue."


HOW:
According to Physicians Formula, it is because of the fluorescein based dry, which "senses the pH level of your skin and adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect blushing glow" and photochromic powders for "light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors and outside."

PACKAGING:
"LED-powdered compact lights up and features a full-size mirror, for touch-ups anywhere and everywhere." It comes in a square, black compact with a flip top. In my opinion, the compact is pretty bulky and I wish it was a bit downsized. Its just so hard to store in my mini drawers that it takes up a lot of the space and makes it hard to store other blushes on top. I wonder if its the same size as the NYX Bronze Smokey Look kit. I don't have that so I can't say if they are the same or not but it reminds me of it. There is a mirror inside the compact and its actually a but bigger than the blush itself, which is nice. Right next to the mirror, there is a tiny switch and underneath it, there are two lights on the sides of the mirror. When you turn on the switch, the compact lights up with LED-powered lights. Underneath the actual blush is an extra compartment where there is a brush underneath, which is included with the blush. I haven't tried the brush that comes with it yet but it is pretty soft.








PRODUCT:
This comes with 0.21 oz or 6g of product, which is pretty small for a blush. In terms of quality of this blush, I actually love it!! The blush is soft to the touch and easy to blend on the cheeks. It claims to last 14 hours and it lasts all day one me. Of course, I don't have oily cheeks so I can't really say if the lasting power will last as long as it does on my cheeks. The shade that I have is Natural and its a gorgeous shade. Natural is a pink shade with silver shimmers. I actually like the silver shimmers because they give off a pearly finish. I love the silver dots along the edges of the blush but sadly they were just an overspray and went away after a couple of swipes. I really love how Natural looks on my cheeks because it just gives them a pink glow. Plus its buildable, which could be great for those with a darker complexion.






SCENT:
It does have a scent but you don't really notice it unless you are holding th actual blush straight up your nose. LOL I wouldn't have noticed the scent until I was typing up this portion and held it close to my nose.

I really like the concept of the lights because you can bring this compact with you anywhere and its great to use out on nights. Plus once you are done with the blush, you can still use the compact with you during nights out, and if the LED lights are still working, then it makes the compact even better! Natural is just gorgeous and I can't wait to try out the other shade in this line, which is Rose. Sadly there are only two blush shades in the pH MatchMaker line but hopefully PF would come out wth more. I can't really say that it instantly matches your skin in 60 seconds because I didn't really see any color change after 60 seconds of applying it. I do however, get complements everytime I wear this blush so it makes me love it even more! If you are a fan of pink blushes with slight shimmers, then you might love this blush.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried the Physician Formula pH MatchMaker pH Powered Blush in Natural?
Have you tried any products from the pH MatchMaker line?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content (unless otherwise stated) and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...