Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review/Swatches: CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor "619 Lingering Spice"


Hey everyone! If you didn't know already, I recently bought this CG Outlast All-Day Lipcolor in 619 Lingering Spice from the CVS Clearance Sale this year. I think I bought it for around $5USD and I had an $1 off coupon, which isn't that bad. I bought one of these a long time ago (2 years ago) and I didn't love it. It dried out my lips and applied dry and patchy. Since Judy from ItsJudyTime raves about these, I decided to try another one for myself. I don't know if they changed their formula but I still wanted to try one because of Judy. I actually wanted a pink shade but most of the shades that were on clearance were on the red range.

If you never tried these before, these come with an all-day color coat. The all-day color coat is basically a lip stain in lip gloss form. It dries pretty quickly on the lips but you still have to let it set on your lips for a couple of seconds for the color to fully stay on your lips. It also comes with a moisturizing top coat, which is just basically a lip balm. This is meant to be used after the color coat fully dries. You can keep reappling the moisturizing topcoat throughout the day to keep your lips moisturized but keep in mind, the more you apply throughout the day, the more it rubs the actual color and stain off. To me, that is the only con for this product. I am a person who likes to keep my lips moisturized all day, so if you are with me for a whole day, you would constantly see me either pull out a lip gloss or a lip balm. I cannot stand having dry lips because it would constantly bother me.




The first time I tried this, I swatched it on the back of my hand to try out first. I let it dry and tried to rub it off my hand but it wouldn't bulge. I even went to wash it and the color was still on my hands. The swatch actually stayed on my hand ALL DAY and was still faint the next morning. But when I applied it on my lips, it was a total story. When I applied it onto my lips, the color became faint throughout the day. I actually think the color would last longer if I didn't apply the lip balm but then my lips would be dry.






Overall, I think this would be great for a couple of hours but probably not something that you could depend on lasting all day on the lips. Also, one thing that I love and have to point out lastly is the moisurizing topcoat. I love the smell of this. It smells so much like fruit roll ups. Haha! What about you guys? Have you ever tried this CG Outlast All-Day Lipcolor before? Definitely let me know what you think about this.

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...