Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Impression: Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation


Hey everyone! This is my first time doing a first impressions post. I have been loving watching ItsJudyTime's first impressions and decided that I wanted to start doing those too. I think first impression posts are great for reviewing foundations. Originally I wasn't going to get this foundation because I wasn't that much of a fan for their original ColorStay foundation. In my opinion, the original foundation was too thick and I always had to mix it with moisturizer. Plus whenever I wore it on my face, certain areas of my face would start itching. Let me know if the same is for you. Since it has been getting so many great reviews on the Internet and on YouTube, I decided that I must have it. I bought this a while back and have been meaning to post this up. I just tried it out a couple of days ago and I must say that I really like it. This isn't a review but more of a first impressons post.

PACKAGING:
First off, let me just say that I love the packaging but because of it, it makes it so hard to figure out which shade to wear since they all look the same in the jar. I had some of the shades lined up on a shelve and I still couldn't tell the difference between them all. That is the one of the bad things about the packaging. It comes in a glass jar, which is pretty heavy and bulky, which makes it hard to store in your drawers, especially if you have those Sterlite mini drawers like me. I have to store it in another place because it won't fit in the mini drawers. Another thing that I find is a con about the packaging is that it isn't in the usual foundation bottle but in a jar where you would have to stick your fingers or brush in to get product. I would rather pefer the ones with the pump because its more sanitary. For me, I didn't use my fingers but used a little tiny spatula to scoop out the product that I clean every time after I use it. Its sort of a hassle but I'm fine with it if it keeps the bacteria from harboring. You can buy a pack of spatulas from Sallys Beauty stores for around $1.99 plus tax. All of these come with a safety seal around the product, which is great because you can tell if some annoying person opened and decided to swatch it. I hate buying products without safety seals because you never know. Once you screw off the lid, there is a plastic protective piece, which I guess keeps the foundation from spilling onto the inside of the cover and making a mess.






SHADE:
Like I said before, the packaging makes it so hard to figure out which shade would match right. Since I was standing in front of the display (for what felt like 10 minutes) trying to figure out the correct shade, I just went with 250 Medium Beige. For my skintone, the foundations that I tend to buy are always within the beige range so I thougt that I couldn't go wrong with this sade. Plus I figured that if it ended up being too light, I could always correct it with bronzer or if it was too dark then I could use an all-over light powder. For my skintone, Medium Beige was a pretty good match. I could have went a the next shade up because I tend to like having a tan look rather than having to put on a ton of bronzer.



SIZE:
This foundation only comes with 0.8 fluid ounces of product. That is less than your usual foundation size since foundations typically come with 1.0 fluid ounces of product. Even though it comes with less product, I don't really see myself finish it up anytime soon since you don't really need a lot per application.

CLAIMS:
1. Wears up to 24 hours
2. Talc-free
3. Paraben-free
4. Buidable to full coverage
5. Bouncy, whipped formula feels ultra light and silky smooth


TEXTURE:
As you can tell by the name, Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation, it claims to have a whipped texture. To me, it doesn't feel whipped but reminds me more of melted milkshake consistency. Its a little thicker than your usual liquid foundation texture but pretty much looks the same if it was in your typical foundation bottle packaging. Even though its claims to have a bouncy, whipped formula, I didn't fint it bouncy.




SCENT:
To me, I don't really mind products with a scent to them unless they smell really bad and repulsing. However this does have a slight scent to it. I don't know what it smells like so I can't really describe it. Its not a strong scent and you can't really tell once its on your face. Some people say that this smells like the original ColorStay foundation but I don't really think so since I have both and they don't smell similar to me.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
Let me just say that I have normal to combination skin. I don't really get oily that much, just on my t-zone. I usually never have dry patches unless they are from the pimples that I popped. I know that its never good to pop pimples because they scar and etc, etc but for some reason, I feel like the pimples go away faster when I pop them than leave them alone. Trust me, my skin is weird and I have already tested out that theory a bunch of times. I know that sometimes popping pimples can leave dark marks but if you exfoilate every once in while, they tend to fade and go away over time. Whenever I have dry patches, I would just apply moisturizer directly onto the spot and smooth out the rough patches. To apply this foundation, I just used my ELF Studio powder brush. That brush is my favorite brush for applying foundation-whether it be liquid, powder, or cream. I just love the brush!

As mush as I hate taking pictures of my skin without makeup and posting it on the interet, I have to for my subscribers and because its part of the job as a makeup blogger. Hopefully I won't get any negative comments about my skin since the internet can be cruel sometimes. I am going to be the first to admit that my skin isn't perfect. It has its pimples and blemishes. Most of my breakouts tend to occur around my upper lip area, which I don't know why since I always clean the area around my mouth and lips after eating.


Since I had planned on doing a first impressions post, I wanted to do one layer of this foundation without any concealer so I could show you guys the coverage. This foundation has medium to full coverage, depending on the layers applied. For me, I can pretty much go with one layer and just add concealer onto the areas that I need. As you can see in the picture, one layer covered up some of the redness, like around my nose but not that much on my blemishes and pimples. It did however, cover up some of my freckles. By the way, I don't know why this picture makes my skin look kind of white and on the pale side since it wasn't like that in person. Maybe it was the lighting or my camera was acting weird for a moment.



Seeing how one layer didn't cover up that much, I decided to see how this foundation would look with two layers. It claims to be buildable. Plus I wanted to see if it was going to be cakey applying more than one layer. Two layers was like full coverage. As you can see, it covered up all my pimples that just one layer couldn't completely cover up. For me, two layers was ideal and I didn't need concealer. It didn't feel heavy with two layers on, which is perfect for me because I hate heavy foundations.


Since this foundation claims to last up to 24 hours, I didn't test that theory because I can't stand wearing makeup for too long. I only wore it for 12 hours and it definitely lasted pretty well on my skin. It didn't melt off or slid off my skin during the hot day. It has pretty good staying power for my skin, which I really like since I don't really like touching up my face since that would provide me putting on more makeup, which I don't really like since I don't like having a ton of products on. With this, I didn't have to touch up anything at all. All-in-all, I really like this foundation and would definitely recommend it, especially for those who love the original ColorStay foundation.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried the Revlon ColorStay Whipped foundation yet?
How do you feel about it?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...