Thursday, November 1, 2012

Maybelline & Revlon Haul


Hey everyone! Last week, I had the chance to go visit a RiteAid. If you hve been keeping up with me lately, then you would know that the RiteAid in my area closed down a few months ago. Since then I haven't been to a RiteAid store. I think its been about 4-5 months since my last RiteAid visit. There are other RiteAids but they are sort of a far drive and to me its not really worth it when I could go to a Walgreens or CVS down the street. I didn't intend on going to a RiteAid but since I spotted one nar by, I knew that I had to go check it out, especially since I have heard many people talking about the clearance deals at their local RiteAid. I know that all RiteAid stores are different and what you see on clearance at one store, you might not see the same deals at another store. I think it just depends on the manager and what products they want to get rid off.

Even though I wasn't expecting much, I knew that I had to check it out anyways. Since it was my first time being at this RiteAid store, I didn't know where they had their clearance items or if they even had a clearance spot. I went all over the store looking for it. LOL I know I am crazy but I had to check it out anyways since I love getting good deals. This store had their clearance items on an end cap in the back of the store. They didn't have that many clearance items so I am assuming that I came a bit late since there was barely any makeup left. I did spot some Revlon Moon Drop lipsticks on clearance but I didn't need anymore lipsticks in my collection so I passed on those.

There were two items that I saw and knew that I just had to have! The first item that I instantly grabbed was the Maybelline Highlighter "400 Ray of Gold". This highlighter actually came out in the Maybelline's Spring 2012 LE collection. I remember wanting to get my hands on the highlighters in the collection so bad when they first came out but for some reason, the display never showed up at any of the drugstores around my house so I missed out on it. When I saw this highlighter with the clearanca sticker, I was so estatic. I was tearing through the end cap trying to see if the other highlighters in the collection were there as well but this was the last one. I haven't tried this yet but I will soon! I remember seeing swatches of it when it first came out and Ray of Gold is a gorgeous light gold. Hopefully I will be able to find Blissful Pink as well someday, which is the other highlighter in the collection.


Another item that I picked up was a Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon "007 Bronze Smoke". If you haven't tried this before, its basically an eyeliner pencil that you can use as a shadow as well. I will be using this as an eyeliner since I know that brown isn't as harsh as black on the waterline and looks more natural. Plus I usually like these kind of liners since I don't have to sharpen them since its a twist up. Of course this isn't my favorite or holy grail liner but it was on clearance so I couldn't help pick it up. It was originally $9.99 but I bought it for $2, which is definitely a huge savings.


So those are all the items that I bought! I wished that I had found Blissful Pink on clearance as well but since it was a LE items in Spring, I was luckly enough to even find Ray of Gold. Plus the best part was that I had an amazing cashier. Even though the clearance items were supposed to be 50% off the actual retail price, she adjusted eveything and gave them to me for 75% off!! She was so sweet and a kind person! I definitely know that if I ever get the chance to go to this RiteAid again, I will be looking for her. Haha!

QUESTIONS:
Have you been to a RiteAid lately?
Have you tried out any of these products before?

TWITTER: CLICK HERE
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
YOUTUBE (coming soon): CLICK HERE

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...