Friday, December 2, 2011

My First Coastal Scents Haul


Hey everyone! Guess what? I finally decided to take the plunge and order Coastal Scents. I have never tried Coastal Scents before and have always seen them on YouTube and on makeup blogs. I have always been interested in them but all the palettes were sort of pricey and I hate not being able to see and test a product in person before buying. Since so many people like Coastal Scents such as DulceCandy87, AllThatGlitters21, MakeupByTiffanyD and EmilyNoel83 but then again they did get the products all for free. Hmm.. LOL Don't get me wrong, I love them all! I follow them (not literally follow them  like in person LOL) and watch their videos all the time!

Since Coastal Scents was having a sale on their makeup. They were having a 40% off sale on their palettes and plus if your order totals over $50USD, you get free shipping. I thought that this was a great sale but I sort of wish I had waited a few extra days because after they had a 50% off sitewide sale. LOL Well lets just say that I was super excited and counting the days until my package would arrive into my arms. It took a week and a half for it to arrive, which was pretty good. The only problem that I had with them was that two out of my three palettes arrived broken. I was totally disappointed with that. The box was marked fragile all all sides and all the palettes were bubble wrapped like crazy, which I took a picture off. When I saw that, I was like "yes, my palettes must be safe and protected" but I spoke too soon. Both my blush palette and my 28 eyeshadow blush palette were broken. Only one pan in each palette was broken. It was a freaking mess when I opened everything up. All the loose blush and eye shadow got all over my bed spead. It took me forever to get everything clean. It was such a hassle. I think that Coastal Scents sent me those already broken because I just don't think with all that bubble wrap, fragile stamps, and paper that those two palettes would have arrived broken. But I could be wrong. Its just assumptions.


Okay, onto what I bought:
- Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette


- Coastal Scents 26 Shadow Blush Palette


- Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette


- Destiny Blender Brush x2
- Pro Blending Brush
- Large Chisel Fluff Shadow Brush x2


- Cool White Satin (Sample)
 
I didn't order that much. I just manly order from them because of their 10 Blush palette. I freaking love blush. I am a blush addict so I wanted to try out other shades and have them all in one palette that would be great for traveling and vacations. I also wanted to try out some of their brushes because I don't really have many different brand brushes. All I have are $1USD ELF, ELF Studio Brushes, and CVS brands brushes. I was so dissapointed that my palettes arrived broken. I already called customer service and it took forever to get a hold of them. I guess they only have one USA phone line because everytime I called them, the line was straight away busy. It took me 24 times (yes, 24 freaking times) to get through.

All of their palettes comes with their Coastal Scents logo on the front as well as the name of the palette. Plus the 88 eyeshadow palette has the ingredients printed on the back of the palette as well. I sort of wish that all their palettes just came blank without their logo on it. LOL
I will try to post up reviews on the brushes and palettes that I bought after I try them out for a while. If there is a particular palette or brush that you guys would like to see a review on, please let me know. Well I hope you guys liked my haul. By the way, have any of you ever order from Coastal Scents before? Did any of your palettes arrive broken or did you have any problems with their customer service?

**All written content and pictures belong to me. Do not use or steal. I bought everything with my own money.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...