Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review/Swatches: NYX Illuminator For Face & Body "Chaotic"


Hey everyone! First off, I just want to say Happy Father's Day! I hope you guys are all spending the day with your loved ones. I have been meaning to get this post up for a while now. Ever since I bought it during the 40% off sale at Ulta a while back, I have been using it off and on, depending on the type of look that I am going for. I will probably end up using it more in the Summer and Winter since those are usually the times where I like my face to have that gorgeous highlighted glow. It says that you can use it on your body as well but I have only been using it on my face so far. You can probably use this on your chest area and on your arms and legs to give them that glow.


I really like the packaging on this. Its just your usual black, round compact. Plus I like how the mirror inside the compact is the same size as the actual compact. Its a nice sturdy compact. I feel like if I were to chuck this into my purse or makeup bag then it will still hold together. The only problem with these compacts is that, if you were to buy a bunch of these, it would be hard to find the shade that you want in your collection. You would either have to open the compact up or look on the sticker on the back for the name. Other than that, no problems so far with the compact.



Chaotic is a gorgeous peachy pink shade with golden shimmer. In the store, the tester was more pink but when I got home, I was surprised to see it more on the peachy side. Its still a gorgeous shade, nonetheless. NYX says its an illuminator but I prefer to use it as a blush since I feel that its a bit too pigmented to be used as a highlighter. I do like using it as a blush alone or on top of my matte blushes for that extra satin finish glow.






I think if you are looking for a great illuminator, you might want to give the other shades in this line a try. If you were looking for a warm, pink blush then you might want to give Chaotic a try. I just love the way that it looks on my cheeks. It looks gorgeous indoors and in outdoor lighting. These are sold at Ulta stores for around $9 plus tax. There are testers there so you can always swatch them before buying but I am sure that if you love pink blushes as much as me, you will probably end up going home with Chaotic.

QUESTIONS:
Have you tried any of these NYX Illuminators?
What do you think about Chaotic?

Please feel free to Comment, Like, Friend, & Follow!

YOUTUBE: CLICK HERE
BLOG LOVIN': LisaLovesMakeup87
TWITTER: LisaLovMakeup87
INSTAGRAM: LisaLovesMakeup87
PINTEREST: LisaLovMakeup87

**All products featured were bought by me, unless otherwise stated. All written content and pictures belong to me, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use or steal for any reason.**

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful blush! Reminds me of orgasm from NARS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah while I was writing this post, I kept thinking that it looked like Orgasm from NARS but I don't have that blush so I couldn't compare the two.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment here. I really appreciate it! If you have any feedback on my blog, you can comment here as well and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible. Any spam comments will be automatically deleted. The only kind of spam that I like is with my rice and roasted seaweed. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...